Black Eyed Peas with SpinachKathy Tsaples
- 2 cups of black-eyed beans
- 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred),
- Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- a few sprigs of dill, chopped
- 1 tsp cooking salt pepper
- In a sieve, wash your beans thoroughly and then throw them into a pan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and discard the water. Rinse the beans again.
- Fill the pot with cold water again and cook the beans for about 30 minutes. Always check them because they don’t take long and can easily become mushy.
- In a shallow pan, sauté the onion in about half a cup of olive oil until translucent. Add the spring onions, then the washed spinach, salt and pepper.
- Put the cooked beans in a bowl, add the wilted spinach and mix using two forks so that you don’t mush them up.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar and dill.
- At this stage, add another half cup of olive oil. Have a taste, and add more lemon juice if desired. Serve with crusty bread and feta cheese.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...