Cavatelli Cacio e PepeLaura Sharrad
- 100g butter
- 200g finely grated pecorino cheese
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 100g semolina flour
- 100g plain flour
- 80ml – 100ml water
- Pinch of salt
- Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long strips and roll into thin ropes. Cut into 1/1cm pieces, then begin to roll your Cavatelli using your fingers/cavatelli board.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for about 1.5 minutes, or until al dente.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a frypan, then add a ladle of cooking water. Add a pinch of salt and a generous amount of black pepper, then once the pasta is added into the pan, add the pecorino cheese, ensuring heat is on low and toss to combine
- Serve immediately with freshly cracked black pepper on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...