Cavatelli Cacio e PepeLaura Sharrad
- 100g butter
- 200g finely grated pecorino cheese
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 100g semolina flour
- 100g plain flour
- 80ml – 100ml water
- Pinch of salt
- Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long strips and roll into thin ropes. Cut into 1/1cm pieces, then begin to roll your Cavatelli using your fingers/cavatelli board.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for about 1.5 minutes, or until al dente.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a frypan, then add a ladle of cooking water. Add a pinch of salt and a generous amount of black pepper, then once the pasta is added into the pan, add the pecorino cheese, ensuring heat is on low and toss to combine
- Serve immediately with freshly cracked black pepper on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...