Cheats Prawn Curry with Raita Yoghurt NaanKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 5 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 a cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup of Massel chicken stock
- 750g peeled and deveined prawns salt to taste
- 200g Jalna greek yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of Jalna yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup of packed chopped mint
- 2 tbsp of packed coriander chopped juice of half a lemon pinch of salt
Prawn Curry Method:
1. Large saucepan add veg oil, ginger and curry leaves on high for 1 minute.
2. Turn heat to low and add curry powder, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add tomatoes for 1 minute stirring to deglaze
4. Add coconut milk and stock and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add prawns cook for 3 minutes, then season.
Yoghurt Naan Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil and knead over a floured surface until everything is combined.
2. Slice dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into logs.
3. Using a rolling pin roll out dough logs.
4. On a griddle pan on high heat add a little bit of oil
5. Sook naan for 2 minutes each side.
1. mix all the ingredients
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...