Cheats Prawn Curry with Raita Yoghurt NaanKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 5 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 a cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup of Massel chicken stock
- 750g peeled and deveined prawns salt to taste
- 200g Jalna greek yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of Jalna yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup of packed chopped mint
- 2 tbsp of packed coriander chopped juice of half a lemon pinch of salt
Prawn Curry Method:
1. Large saucepan add veg oil, ginger and curry leaves on high for 1 minute.
2. Turn heat to low and add curry powder, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add tomatoes for 1 minute stirring to deglaze
4. Add coconut milk and stock and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add prawns cook for 3 minutes, then season.
Yoghurt Naan Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil and knead over a floured surface until everything is combined.
2. Slice dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into logs.
3. Using a rolling pin roll out dough logs.
4. On a griddle pan on high heat add a little bit of oil
5. Sook naan for 2 minutes each side.
1. mix all the ingredients
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...