Cheats Prawn Curry with Raita Yoghurt NaanKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 5 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 a cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup of Massel chicken stock
- 750g peeled and deveined prawns salt to taste
- 200g Jalna greek yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of Jalna yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup of packed chopped mint
- 2 tbsp of packed coriander chopped juice of half a lemon pinch of salt
Prawn Curry Method:
1. Large saucepan add veg oil, ginger and curry leaves on high for 1 minute.
2. Turn heat to low and add curry powder, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add tomatoes for 1 minute stirring to deglaze
4. Add coconut milk and stock and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add prawns cook for 3 minutes, then season.
Yoghurt Naan Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil and knead over a floured surface until everything is combined.
2. Slice dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into logs.
3. Using a rolling pin roll out dough logs.
4. On a griddle pan on high heat add a little bit of oil
5. Sook naan for 2 minutes each side.
1. mix all the ingredients
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...