Cheats Prawn Curry with Raita Yoghurt NaanKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 5 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 a cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup of Massel chicken stock
- 750g peeled and deveined prawns salt to taste
- 200g Jalna greek yoghurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of Jalna yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup of packed chopped mint
- 2 tbsp of packed coriander chopped juice of half a lemon pinch of salt
Prawn Curry Method:
1. Large saucepan add veg oil, ginger and curry leaves on high for 1 minute.
2. Turn heat to low and add curry powder, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add tomatoes for 1 minute stirring to deglaze
4. Add coconut milk and stock and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add prawns cook for 3 minutes, then season.
Yoghurt Naan Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil and knead over a floured surface until everything is combined.
2. Slice dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into logs.
3. Using a rolling pin roll out dough logs.
4. On a griddle pan on high heat add a little bit of oil
5. Sook naan for 2 minutes each side.
1. mix all the ingredients
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...