Chicken Kebabs, Mojo Rojo Sauce, Herb SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 800g Diced chicken thigh
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Romero peppers
- 1 Tsp Dried red chillies
- 1 Tsp Rose petals
- 30ml raspberry vinegar
- 125ml Olive oil
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch dill
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Caper berries
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Skewer your chicken thigh pieces on to your skewer and set to one side
- Burn your romero pepper directly on the flame of your bbq until completely blackened. Cover the pepper in a bowl with cling wrap and allow to steam for at least 10 minutes before peeling the skin off.
- To make the mojo rojo sauce, add your pepper, rose petals, garlic, chilli, oil and vinegar to your mortar and pestle and grind down to a sauce consistency
- To make your herb salad, combine all herbs with sliced shallots and caper berries. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice
- Cook your skewers on the bbq and serve with the mojo rojo and salad
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...