Chicken Kebabs, Mojo Rojo Sauce, Herb SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 800g Diced chicken thigh
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Romero peppers
- 1 Tsp Dried red chillies
- 1 Tsp Rose petals
- 30ml raspberry vinegar
- 125ml Olive oil
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch dill
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Caper berries
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Skewer your chicken thigh pieces on to your skewer and set to one side
- Burn your romero pepper directly on the flame of your bbq until completely blackened. Cover the pepper in a bowl with cling wrap and allow to steam for at least 10 minutes before peeling the skin off.
- To make the mojo rojo sauce, add your pepper, rose petals, garlic, chilli, oil and vinegar to your mortar and pestle and grind down to a sauce consistency
- To make your herb salad, combine all herbs with sliced shallots and caper berries. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice
- Cook your skewers on the bbq and serve with the mojo rojo and salad
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...