Chicken Kebabs, Mojo Rojo Sauce, Herb SaladMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 800g Diced chicken thigh
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Romero peppers
- 1 Tsp Dried red chillies
- 1 Tsp Rose petals
- 30ml raspberry vinegar
- 125ml Olive oil
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch dill
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Caper berries
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Skewer your chicken thigh pieces on to your skewer and set to one side
- Burn your romero pepper directly on the flame of your bbq until completely blackened. Cover the pepper in a bowl with cling wrap and allow to steam for at least 10 minutes before peeling the skin off.
- To make the mojo rojo sauce, add your pepper, rose petals, garlic, chilli, oil and vinegar to your mortar and pestle and grind down to a sauce consistency
- To make your herb salad, combine all herbs with sliced shallots and caper berries. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice
- Cook your skewers on the bbq and serve with the mojo rojo and salad
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...