Chicken Pea and Corn RisottoSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g chicken breast or thigh fillets cubed
- 200g frozen or fresh peas
- 1 can 425g corn, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chopped chicken until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the onion until soft and beginning to brown, add garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for 40 seconds until the oil has coated the rice
- Pour in half the wine and allow to bubble for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the rest of the wine, add the chicken, peas and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes until rice is tender and vegetables heated through. Mix the Ensure powder with a little water in a cup to make a runny paste. Stir in the cheese and Ensure powder and a further minute. Turn off the heat. Place a lid on and sit for 5 minutes before serving.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- Risotto is a good meal you can prepare in advance. You can swap in different vegetables and add more on the side to go with it. The carbohydrate from the rice is a good energy boost for those who need it.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...