Chicken Pea and Corn RisottoSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g chicken breast or thigh fillets cubed
- 200g frozen or fresh peas
- 1 can 425g corn, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chopped chicken until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the onion until soft and beginning to brown, add garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for 40 seconds until the oil has coated the rice
- Pour in half the wine and allow to bubble for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the rest of the wine, add the chicken, peas and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes until rice is tender and vegetables heated through. Mix the Ensure powder with a little water in a cup to make a runny paste. Stir in the cheese and Ensure powder and a further minute. Turn off the heat. Place a lid on and sit for 5 minutes before serving.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- Risotto is a good meal you can prepare in advance. You can swap in different vegetables and add more on the side to go with it. The carbohydrate from the rice is a good energy boost for those who need it.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...