Chicken Pea and Corn RisottoSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g chicken breast or thigh fillets cubed
- 200g frozen or fresh peas
- 1 can 425g corn, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chopped chicken until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the onion until soft and beginning to brown, add garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for 40 seconds until the oil has coated the rice
- Pour in half the wine and allow to bubble for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the rest of the wine, add the chicken, peas and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes until rice is tender and vegetables heated through. Mix the Ensure powder with a little water in a cup to make a runny paste. Stir in the cheese and Ensure powder and a further minute. Turn off the heat. Place a lid on and sit for 5 minutes before serving.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- Risotto is a good meal you can prepare in advance. You can swap in different vegetables and add more on the side to go with it. The carbohydrate from the rice is a good energy boost for those who need it.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...