Chicken Pea and Corn RisottoSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g arborio risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 300g chicken breast or thigh fillets cubed
- 200g frozen or fresh peas
- 1 can 425g corn, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chopped chicken until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the onion until soft and beginning to brown, add garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for 40 seconds until the oil has coated the rice
- Pour in half the wine and allow to bubble for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the rest of the wine, add the chicken, peas and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes until rice is tender and vegetables heated through. Mix the Ensure powder with a little water in a cup to make a runny paste. Stir in the cheese and Ensure powder and a further minute. Turn off the heat. Place a lid on and sit for 5 minutes before serving.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- Risotto is a good meal you can prepare in advance. You can swap in different vegetables and add more on the side to go with it. The carbohydrate from the rice is a good energy boost for those who need it.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...