Chorizo Alla VodkaWarren Mendes
- 200g good quality chorizo,
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (or 2 large eschallot)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 130g tube good quality tomato paste
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup vodka
- 200ml pouring cream
- 400g dried calamarata pasta or similar short pasta
- Remove the skins from the chorizo and finely chop the filling. Add to a deep frypan with the oil then place over medium heat. Once the chorizo starts to sizzle, cook for 2-3 minutes until the fat has started to render then add the onion and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds then add the tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes to cook out.
- Add the vodka and cream and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid then add the pasta to the vodka sauce along with the cooking liquid.
- Add parmesan and season to taste. Serve topped with a little extra parmesan
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...