Chorizo Alla VodkaWarren Mendes
- 200g good quality chorizo,
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (or 2 large eschallot)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 130g tube good quality tomato paste
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup vodka
- 200ml pouring cream
- 400g dried calamarata pasta or similar short pasta
- Remove the skins from the chorizo and finely chop the filling. Add to a deep frypan with the oil then place over medium heat. Once the chorizo starts to sizzle, cook for 2-3 minutes until the fat has started to render then add the onion and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds then add the tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes to cook out.
- Add the vodka and cream and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid then add the pasta to the vodka sauce along with the cooking liquid.
- Add parmesan and season to taste. Serve topped with a little extra parmesan
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...