Chorizo and Potato TortillaBen O'Donoghue
- 2-3 waxy potatoes parboiled in the skin and then peeled cubed
- 1 semi cured chorizo sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 6 free range eggs
- Sherry vinegar
- Aioli or mayo
- Fry the chorizo in a fry pan until it’s just starting to crisp. Remove to a bowl leaving the fat in the pan
- Fry the cubed potato until just crispy and tender and remove to the bowl with the chorizo
- Fry the onions adding a little salt in the remaining chorizo fat until soft and tender and then combined with potato and chorizo.
- Place the potato mixture into a cake tin or pan.
- Whisk the 6 eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Place into a preheated oven at 180 degrees and cook for 20 minute or until firm,
- Turn out and cut into cubes, serve with rocket tossed in sherry vinegar and dollops of aioli or mayo
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...