Chorizo and Potato TortillaBen O'Donoghue
- 2-3 waxy potatoes parboiled in the skin and then peeled cubed
- 1 semi cured chorizo sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 6 free range eggs
- Sherry vinegar
- Aioli or mayo
- Fry the chorizo in a fry pan until it’s just starting to crisp. Remove to a bowl leaving the fat in the pan
- Fry the cubed potato until just crispy and tender and remove to the bowl with the chorizo
- Fry the onions adding a little salt in the remaining chorizo fat until soft and tender and then combined with potato and chorizo.
- Place the potato mixture into a cake tin or pan.
- Whisk the 6 eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Place into a preheated oven at 180 degrees and cook for 20 minute or until firm,
- Turn out and cut into cubes, serve with rocket tossed in sherry vinegar and dollops of aioli or mayo
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...