Chorizo and Potato TortillaBen O'Donoghue
- 2-3 waxy potatoes parboiled in the skin and then peeled cubed
- 1 semi cured chorizo sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 6 free range eggs
- Sherry vinegar
- Aioli or mayo
- Fry the chorizo in a fry pan until it’s just starting to crisp. Remove to a bowl leaving the fat in the pan
- Fry the cubed potato until just crispy and tender and remove to the bowl with the chorizo
- Fry the onions adding a little salt in the remaining chorizo fat until soft and tender and then combined with potato and chorizo.
- Place the potato mixture into a cake tin or pan.
- Whisk the 6 eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Place into a preheated oven at 180 degrees and cook for 20 minute or until firm,
- Turn out and cut into cubes, serve with rocket tossed in sherry vinegar and dollops of aioli or mayo
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...