Crab and Zucchini PastaMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 350g fresh spaghetti
- 600g zucchini, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 240g spider crab meat, cooked and picked
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tbsp dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta for 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Place the zucchini in a steamer or colander and sit above the pan of pasta. Cover and steam for 1–2 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the pasta, retaining a little of the cooking water, and tip into a large bowl.
- Pour the oil into the pasta pan over a low heat. Add the garlic and cook briefly, to flavour the oil. Pour the oil over the pasta.
- Toss the pasta with the crab, lemon zest and juice, dill and courgettes. Serve topping each portion with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and a grind of pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...