Creamy Tarragon ChickenJacob Leung
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g chicken breast, whole
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini
- Fresh tarragon, to serve
- Place a large frypan over a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic and onion and sauté until the onion is soft. Once the onion is softened, remove from the pan and wipe out with a paper towel. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sear the chicken on each side until golden.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook until it has reduced by half. Stir in the cream and chopped tarragon. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the cornflour with a ¼ cup water. Add to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccolini by plunging into boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice as per the packet instructions. Top with fresh tarragon leaves.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking. 50g peas 50g small broad beans 1 spring onions, thinly sliced Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped Small handful fresh...