Creamy Tarragon ChickenJacob Leung
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g chicken breast, whole
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini
- Fresh tarragon, to serve
- Place a large frypan over a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic and onion and sauté until the onion is soft. Once the onion is softened, remove from the pan and wipe out with a paper towel. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sear the chicken on each side until golden.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook until it has reduced by half. Stir in the cream and chopped tarragon. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the cornflour with a ¼ cup water. Add to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccolini by plunging into boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice as per the packet instructions. Top with fresh tarragon leaves.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...