Crispy Fried Eggs with XO and Lap CheongMatt Sinclair
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp XO Sauce
- 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a wok over a medium-high heat until it shimmers. Carefully cook one egg at a time by carefully cracking each egg into the oil in the middle of the wok. Use a wok shovel or spoon to ladle the oil over the whites of the egg until the edges are golden and crispy, about a minute or so. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Remove the excess oil from the wok and return to a medium-high heat. Add the lap cheong and tomatoes and stir fry, moving constantly for about 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, place the eggs in a shallow serving bowl or platter and scatter the lap cheong and tomatoes over the top. Spoon over the XO sauce and garnish with sliced red onion, chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...