Deep Fried PrawnsChef Kinsan
- 6 pcs Prawn, unshelled and deveined
- 2 stalks Chrysanthemum leaf, washed
- Vegetable oil
- 100g Obento Tempura Batter Mix + extra aside
- 170g Soda water
- 30ml Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 30ml Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 120ml Instant Dashi stock
Extra flavour for dipping sauce
- Grated radish, as needed
- Grated old ginger, as needed
- Straighten the prawn with a sharp knife. Slice a slit along the stomach lengthways. Place on chopping board, stomach side down and using your fingers, press the back to snap the back muscle and stretch the prawn straight.
- Combine batter mixture ingredients and mix well.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Add in extra flavour for dipping sauce if preferred.
- Heat vegetable oil to 175°C in a deep-frying pan.
- Lightly coat the prawn with extra Obento Tempura Batter Mix, then dunk in the batter till well coated. Straight fry in the heated oil until cooked through and drain excess oil.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the ingredients. Serve with dipping sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...