Easy Peasy MuffinsBen O'Donoghue
Makes 6 – 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling
- 500gm flour
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 20gm Baking powder
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray
- Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of shape
- Oil spray
- 1 good handful Spinach
- 6 Egg
- 1 large Tomato
- 120g Feta large dice
- Loose cup of basil leaves
- 6 ripe figs
- 200g ricotta
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients and whisk together
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined and evenly mixed
- For the Savory muffins fold in the chopped spinach, diced tomato (chunks) and feta. Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray oil and line the mould with the cut squares of baking paper.
- Place half the mixture into the mould, crack the egg onto the muffin mix then top with more. Bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes
- For the Sweet muffins, cut the figs into quarters and keep 6 pieces for the tops of the muffins
- Dice the remaining figs and Fold in with the remaining ingredients and ¾ of the flaked almonds drizzle with as much honey as you like and divide between the moulds place a piece of fig on top of each scatter with the remaining almonds and drizzle with more honey and bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...