Easy Peasy MuffinsBen O'Donoghue
Makes 6 – 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling
- 500gm flour
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 20gm Baking powder
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray
- Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of shape
- Oil spray
- 1 good handful Spinach
- 6 Egg
- 1 large Tomato
- 120g Feta large dice
- Loose cup of basil leaves
- 6 ripe figs
- 200g ricotta
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients and whisk together
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined and evenly mixed
- For the Savory muffins fold in the chopped spinach, diced tomato (chunks) and feta. Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray oil and line the mould with the cut squares of baking paper.
- Place half the mixture into the mould, crack the egg onto the muffin mix then top with more. Bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes
- For the Sweet muffins, cut the figs into quarters and keep 6 pieces for the tops of the muffins
- Dice the remaining figs and Fold in with the remaining ingredients and ¾ of the flaked almonds drizzle with as much honey as you like and divide between the moulds place a piece of fig on top of each scatter with the remaining almonds and drizzle with more honey and bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...