Easy Peasy MuffinsBen O'Donoghue
Makes 6 – 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling
- 500gm flour
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 20gm Baking powder
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray
- Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of shape
- Oil spray
- 1 good handful Spinach
- 6 Egg
- 1 large Tomato
- 120g Feta large dice
- Loose cup of basil leaves
- 6 ripe figs
- 200g ricotta
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients and whisk together
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined and evenly mixed
- For the Savory muffins fold in the chopped spinach, diced tomato (chunks) and feta. Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray oil and line the mould with the cut squares of baking paper.
- Place half the mixture into the mould, crack the egg onto the muffin mix then top with more. Bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes
- For the Sweet muffins, cut the figs into quarters and keep 6 pieces for the tops of the muffins
- Dice the remaining figs and Fold in with the remaining ingredients and ¾ of the flaked almonds drizzle with as much honey as you like and divide between the moulds place a piece of fig on top of each scatter with the remaining almonds and drizzle with more honey and bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...