Fillet Steak Salad, Iceburg, Watercress and ParmesanMike Reid
- 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking.
- 50g peas
- 50g small broad beans
- 1 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- 30g watercress, roughly chopped
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml Early harvest olive oil
- 15g grated Parmesan fresh
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce
Lemon and Garlic Herb Sauce:
- 20ml mayonnaise
- 20ml natural yoghurt
- 3g confit garlic puree
- 15g fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 15ml Olive Oil
- To make the spring salad, bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the peas and broad beans and cook for 3 minutes, then drain. Toss the spring onions, herbs, watercress,shredded iceberg lettuce, lemon juice and olive oil together in a salad bowl, then toss in the drained warm peas and beans.
- Carve your rested steak and place your warm salad on a plate. Drizzle the sauce on top before adding your carved steak on top. Finish with a touch of sea salt
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...