Fillet Steak Salad, Iceburg, Watercress and ParmesanMike Reid
- 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking.
- 50g peas
- 50g small broad beans
- 1 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- 30g watercress, roughly chopped
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml Early harvest olive oil
- 15g grated Parmesan fresh
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce
Lemon and Garlic Herb Sauce:
- 20ml mayonnaise
- 20ml natural yoghurt
- 3g confit garlic puree
- 15g fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 15ml Olive Oil
- To make the spring salad, bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the peas and broad beans and cook for 3 minutes, then drain. Toss the spring onions, herbs, watercress,shredded iceberg lettuce, lemon juice and olive oil together in a salad bowl, then toss in the drained warm peas and beans.
- Carve your rested steak and place your warm salad on a plate. Drizzle the sauce on top before adding your carved steak on top. Finish with a touch of sea salt
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...