Garlic Crusted Chicken and Witlof SaladKhanh Ong
- 2 slices of crusty whole-grain bread
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- The zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 green and 1 purple witlof
- 1⁄2 a cup of frize leaves
- 2 figs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp
- 2 tsp honey
- a pinch of salt
- In a food processor blitz bread, garlic, lemon zest and salt until a fine crumbie texture.
- On a large piece of baking paper splash a nice lash of EVOO place chicken breast in the centre, fold over baking paper and pound chicken until flat even about 1cm
- Cover one side with crumb, then the other side.
- In a large pan on high add 1 tbsp of EVOO and fry pieces of chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Flip for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Set aside to rest.
- Chop into strips.
- Break of all the witlof leaves and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the figs into 6ths and toss them into the bowl
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, EVOO, honey and salt.
- Dress salad with dressing.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...