Garlic Crusted Chicken and Witlof SaladKhanh Ong
- 2 slices of crusty whole-grain bread
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- The zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 green and 1 purple witlof
- 1⁄2 a cup of frize leaves
- 2 figs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp
- 2 tsp honey
- a pinch of salt
- In a food processor blitz bread, garlic, lemon zest and salt until a fine crumbie texture.
- On a large piece of baking paper splash a nice lash of EVOO place chicken breast in the centre, fold over baking paper and pound chicken until flat even about 1cm
- Cover one side with crumb, then the other side.
- In a large pan on high add 1 tbsp of EVOO and fry pieces of chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Flip for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Set aside to rest.
- Chop into strips.
- Break of all the witlof leaves and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the figs into 6ths and toss them into the bowl
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, EVOO, honey and salt.
- Dress salad with dressing.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...