Grilled Pork Chop with Apple SauceBen O'Donoghue
- 4 thick pork loin chops skin off
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Flaky salt
- 4 Red Apples cored and cut into 8th (keep the skin on)
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Star anise
- To make the marinade, combine the garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, balsamic and oil in a bowl. Score the fat of the pork loin with a sharp knife in a crisscross fashion; season with the black pepper. Place the pork in a non-reactive tray and pour the marinade over the pork, cover and allow to stand for 1 hour, turning two or three times.
- Prepare your Barbeque for direct grilling at a medium high heat turning all of your gas burners on.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade, reserving the marinade in a small saucepan place the remaining marinade over a medium heat and boil until it reduces by half; set aside.
- Place the chops on the grill plate of the barbecue allowing the fat to caramelize and blacken slightly, creating a grill marked pattern allow to cook on one side for 6 minutes then turn and grill for a further 4-5 minutes with the lid down. once cooked remove and rest
- Baste the pork with the reduced marinade.
- Once cooked the meat should be medium well with a touch of pink in the centre
- Serve with the apple sauce and garnish with the bay and rosemary in the marinade sauce.
- Place all together in a pot and simmer covered until it breaks up then pass through a food mill or roughly pulse in a food processor then return to the heat and reduce to thicken.
- Season with salt
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Red Symphony Hill Reserve Shiraz or White Ballandean Fiono 2019
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...