- 500gm Pork belly or shoulder mince
- ¼ Wombok/cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons roasted Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch plus extra for dusting and gluing
- 50 gyoza 60-80mm diameter Wrappers
- 4 tablespoons Soy
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- Combine the shredded cabbage and the salt in a bowl, allow to stand for 30mins so that flavours can develop and then squeeze out the liquid that has developed.
- Place the wrung out cabbage in a bowl and mix in the spring onion, garlic, ginger, pork, soy and potato starch. Using your hands squish the mixture together well until it turns into a sticky mixture.
- Dust a tray with a fine sprinkling of potato starch. Mix a small mount of potato starch with water in a bowl. Place the a gyoza skin floured side down (they usually come floured on one side) using the tip of your finger dipped in the flour water mixture wet the edges of the gyoza wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the centre of a wrapper. Using your index finger and thumb of both hands fold the wrapper Pinch together The aim is to keep the back flat and pinch to create pleats and seal at the front. Place standing up on a tray, it’s important the base is flat for cooking and freeze if you’re freezing to use later.
- When cooking heat a non stick pan, I find an electric fry pan with a lid works best.
- Use high heat and place some vegetable oil in the pan, place gyoza in allow to colour on the bottom. Place a cup of water into the pan and place lid on and turn heat down to medium. They should take about 6 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...