- 500gm Pork belly or shoulder mince
- ¼ Wombok/cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons roasted Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch plus extra for dusting and gluing
- 50 gyoza 60-80mm diameter Wrappers
- 4 tablespoons Soy
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- Combine the shredded cabbage and the salt in a bowl, allow to stand for 30mins so that flavours can develop and then squeeze out the liquid that has developed.
- Place the wrung out cabbage in a bowl and mix in the spring onion, garlic, ginger, pork, soy and potato starch. Using your hands squish the mixture together well until it turns into a sticky mixture.
- Dust a tray with a fine sprinkling of potato starch. Mix a small mount of potato starch with water in a bowl. Place the a gyoza skin floured side down (they usually come floured on one side) using the tip of your finger dipped in the flour water mixture wet the edges of the gyoza wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the centre of a wrapper. Using your index finger and thumb of both hands fold the wrapper Pinch together The aim is to keep the back flat and pinch to create pleats and seal at the front. Place standing up on a tray, it’s important the base is flat for cooking and freeze if you’re freezing to use later.
- When cooking heat a non stick pan, I find an electric fry pan with a lid works best.
- Use high heat and place some vegetable oil in the pan, place gyoza in allow to colour on the bottom. Place a cup of water into the pan and place lid on and turn heat down to medium. They should take about 6 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...