- 500gm Pork belly or shoulder mince
- ¼ Wombok/cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons roasted Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch plus extra for dusting and gluing
- 50 gyoza 60-80mm diameter Wrappers
- 4 tablespoons Soy
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- Combine the shredded cabbage and the salt in a bowl, allow to stand for 30mins so that flavours can develop and then squeeze out the liquid that has developed.
- Place the wrung out cabbage in a bowl and mix in the spring onion, garlic, ginger, pork, soy and potato starch. Using your hands squish the mixture together well until it turns into a sticky mixture.
- Dust a tray with a fine sprinkling of potato starch. Mix a small mount of potato starch with water in a bowl. Place the a gyoza skin floured side down (they usually come floured on one side) using the tip of your finger dipped in the flour water mixture wet the edges of the gyoza wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the centre of a wrapper. Using your index finger and thumb of both hands fold the wrapper Pinch together The aim is to keep the back flat and pinch to create pleats and seal at the front. Place standing up on a tray, it’s important the base is flat for cooking and freeze if you’re freezing to use later.
- When cooking heat a non stick pan, I find an electric fry pan with a lid works best.
- Use high heat and place some vegetable oil in the pan, place gyoza in allow to colour on the bottom. Place a cup of water into the pan and place lid on and turn heat down to medium. They should take about 6 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...