- 500gm Pork belly or shoulder mince
- ¼ Wombok/cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons roasted Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch plus extra for dusting and gluing
- 50 gyoza 60-80mm diameter Wrappers
- 4 tablespoons Soy
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- Combine the shredded cabbage and the salt in a bowl, allow to stand for 30mins so that flavours can develop and then squeeze out the liquid that has developed.
- Place the wrung out cabbage in a bowl and mix in the spring onion, garlic, ginger, pork, soy and potato starch. Using your hands squish the mixture together well until it turns into a sticky mixture.
- Dust a tray with a fine sprinkling of potato starch. Mix a small mount of potato starch with water in a bowl. Place the a gyoza skin floured side down (they usually come floured on one side) using the tip of your finger dipped in the flour water mixture wet the edges of the gyoza wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the centre of a wrapper. Using your index finger and thumb of both hands fold the wrapper Pinch together The aim is to keep the back flat and pinch to create pleats and seal at the front. Place standing up on a tray, it’s important the base is flat for cooking and freeze if you’re freezing to use later.
- When cooking heat a non stick pan, I find an electric fry pan with a lid works best.
- Use high heat and place some vegetable oil in the pan, place gyoza in allow to colour on the bottom. Place a cup of water into the pan and place lid on and turn heat down to medium. They should take about 6 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...