Hand Rolled Pici with Pork Sausage SugoLaura Sharrad
- 100g fine semolina flour
- 100g 00 flour
- 100g water
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 600g tomato passata
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Mix the flours and water together to form the dough. Rest for 30 minutes,
- In a frypan, heat a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli flakes and fennel seeds and begin to fry off on a medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the pork sausage into small bits, and allow to fry off until the meat begins to caramalise. Add the passata, and season with salt and pepper
- Allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes until thickened
- Roll the pasta out into thick like noodles. Cook in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce, add a touch of the cooking water & half the grated parmigiano. Finish with basil and extra cheese
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...