Hand Rolled Pici with Pork Sausage SugoLaura Sharrad
- 100g fine semolina flour
- 100g 00 flour
- 100g water
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 600g tomato passata
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Mix the flours and water together to form the dough. Rest for 30 minutes,
- In a frypan, heat a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli flakes and fennel seeds and begin to fry off on a medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the pork sausage into small bits, and allow to fry off until the meat begins to caramalise. Add the passata, and season with salt and pepper
- Allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes until thickened
- Roll the pasta out into thick like noodles. Cook in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce, add a touch of the cooking water & half the grated parmigiano. Finish with basil and extra cheese
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...