Indonesian Peanut SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut Oil
- 1 lge Asian shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 250g Unsalted peanuts, ground
- 25g Shrimp paste
- 25g Jeeny’s Palm sugar
- 25g Tamarind paste
- 25g ABC Kecap manis
- 2.5g Chili powder/ or 10g Indonesian sambal oelek
- 150g Water
- 150g TCC Coconut milk
- 50g ABC Kecap manis
- 25g Peanut oil
- 5g Turmeric powder
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets
- Skewers – soaked in water for at least 1hour ahead of cooking time
- Crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Optional- red onion and cucumber wedges
- Heat oil, fry shallot and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add peanuts and sugar until starting to colour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook gently for up to 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, food process when sufficiently cool enough, and serve.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm cubes before threading onto soaked skewers about 15cm consistency in length.
- Combine the peanut oil and kecap manis and brush thoroughly over the chicken skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers over a high heat on a griddle pan or outdoor barbecue, turning regularly until evenly cooked and well caramelised, some char is good.
- Serve on a platter with peanuts, spring onions, lime and optional toppings with a generous portion of the peanut sauce.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...