Indonesian Peanut SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut Oil
- 1 lge Asian shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 250g Unsalted peanuts, ground
- 25g Shrimp paste
- 25g Jeeny’s Palm sugar
- 25g Tamarind paste
- 25g ABC Kecap manis
- 2.5g Chili powder/ or 10g Indonesian sambal oelek
- 150g Water
- 150g TCC Coconut milk
- 50g ABC Kecap manis
- 25g Peanut oil
- 5g Turmeric powder
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets
- Skewers – soaked in water for at least 1hour ahead of cooking time
- Crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Optional- red onion and cucumber wedges
- Heat oil, fry shallot and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add peanuts and sugar until starting to colour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook gently for up to 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, food process when sufficiently cool enough, and serve.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm cubes before threading onto soaked skewers about 15cm consistency in length.
- Combine the peanut oil and kecap manis and brush thoroughly over the chicken skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers over a high heat on a griddle pan or outdoor barbecue, turning regularly until evenly cooked and well caramelised, some char is good.
- Serve on a platter with peanuts, spring onions, lime and optional toppings with a generous portion of the peanut sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...