Indonesian Peanut SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut Oil
- 1 lge Asian shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 250g Unsalted peanuts, ground
- 25g Shrimp paste
- 25g Jeeny’s Palm sugar
- 25g Tamarind paste
- 25g ABC Kecap manis
- 2.5g Chili powder/ or 10g Indonesian sambal oelek
- 150g Water
- 150g TCC Coconut milk
- 50g ABC Kecap manis
- 25g Peanut oil
- 5g Turmeric powder
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets
- Skewers – soaked in water for at least 1hour ahead of cooking time
- Crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Optional- red onion and cucumber wedges
- Heat oil, fry shallot and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add peanuts and sugar until starting to colour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook gently for up to 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, food process when sufficiently cool enough, and serve.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm cubes before threading onto soaked skewers about 15cm consistency in length.
- Combine the peanut oil and kecap manis and brush thoroughly over the chicken skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers over a high heat on a griddle pan or outdoor barbecue, turning regularly until evenly cooked and well caramelised, some char is good.
- Serve on a platter with peanuts, spring onions, lime and optional toppings with a generous portion of the peanut sauce.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...