Indonesian Peanut SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut Oil
- 1 lge Asian shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 250g Unsalted peanuts, ground
- 25g Shrimp paste
- 25g Jeeny’s Palm sugar
- 25g Tamarind paste
- 25g ABC Kecap manis
- 2.5g Chili powder/ or 10g Indonesian sambal oelek
- 150g Water
- 150g TCC Coconut milk
- 50g ABC Kecap manis
- 25g Peanut oil
- 5g Turmeric powder
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets
- Skewers – soaked in water for at least 1hour ahead of cooking time
- Crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Optional- red onion and cucumber wedges
- Heat oil, fry shallot and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add peanuts and sugar until starting to colour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook gently for up to 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, food process when sufficiently cool enough, and serve.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm cubes before threading onto soaked skewers about 15cm consistency in length.
- Combine the peanut oil and kecap manis and brush thoroughly over the chicken skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers over a high heat on a griddle pan or outdoor barbecue, turning regularly until evenly cooked and well caramelised, some char is good.
- Serve on a platter with peanuts, spring onions, lime and optional toppings with a generous portion of the peanut sauce.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...