Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)Chef Mark
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 240g cabbage (finely chopped)
- 80g spring onion (finely chopped)
- 160g squid tube (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 200ml water
- Bonito flake
- Pickled red ginger
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 50g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1. Combine and mix all the batter ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then, add chopped cabbages,
- spring onions and squids into the batter mix. Mix well.
- 1. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil over medium heat in a pan. Add 120ml of batter mix, cook for approximately 5 mins or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip over and thoroughly cook the other side until golden brown.
- 2. Put the pancake onto an oven tray, set aside and keep warm. Continue the same steps to cook the remaining 5 pancakes.
- 3. Put all 6 pancakes in the oven at 100°C for 5 mins. Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with aonori, bonito flakes and pickled red ginger.
- 4. Mix S&B Wasabi Paste and mayonnaise, then serve on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with Marsanne Rousanne Viognier Blends.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...