Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)Chef Mark
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 240g cabbage (finely chopped)
- 80g spring onion (finely chopped)
- 160g squid tube (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 200ml water
- Bonito flake
- Pickled red ginger
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 50g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1. Combine and mix all the batter ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then, add chopped cabbages,
- spring onions and squids into the batter mix. Mix well.
- 1. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil over medium heat in a pan. Add 120ml of batter mix, cook for approximately 5 mins or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip over and thoroughly cook the other side until golden brown.
- 2. Put the pancake onto an oven tray, set aside and keep warm. Continue the same steps to cook the remaining 5 pancakes.
- 3. Put all 6 pancakes in the oven at 100°C for 5 mins. Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with aonori, bonito flakes and pickled red ginger.
- 4. Mix S&B Wasabi Paste and mayonnaise, then serve on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with Marsanne Rousanne Viognier Blends.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...