Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)Chef Mark
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 240g cabbage (finely chopped)
- 80g spring onion (finely chopped)
- 160g squid tube (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 200ml water
- Bonito flake
- Pickled red ginger
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 50g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1. Combine and mix all the batter ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then, add chopped cabbages,
- spring onions and squids into the batter mix. Mix well.
- 1. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil over medium heat in a pan. Add 120ml of batter mix, cook for approximately 5 mins or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip over and thoroughly cook the other side until golden brown.
- 2. Put the pancake onto an oven tray, set aside and keep warm. Continue the same steps to cook the remaining 5 pancakes.
- 3. Put all 6 pancakes in the oven at 100°C for 5 mins. Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with aonori, bonito flakes and pickled red ginger.
- 4. Mix S&B Wasabi Paste and mayonnaise, then serve on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with Marsanne Rousanne Viognier Blends.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...