Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)Chef Mark
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 240g cabbage (finely chopped)
- 80g spring onion (finely chopped)
- 160g squid tube (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 200ml water
- Bonito flake
- Pickled red ginger
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 50g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1. Combine and mix all the batter ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then, add chopped cabbages,
- spring onions and squids into the batter mix. Mix well.
- 1. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil over medium heat in a pan. Add 120ml of batter mix, cook for approximately 5 mins or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip over and thoroughly cook the other side until golden brown.
- 2. Put the pancake onto an oven tray, set aside and keep warm. Continue the same steps to cook the remaining 5 pancakes.
- 3. Put all 6 pancakes in the oven at 100°C for 5 mins. Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with aonori, bonito flakes and pickled red ginger.
- 4. Mix S&B Wasabi Paste and mayonnaise, then serve on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with Marsanne Rousanne Viognier Blends.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...