Korean BBQ PorkBen O'Donoghue
- 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Butter lettuce
- Purée the marinade ingredients, then rub the marinade into the pork meat.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 4–5 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a medium–high heat. Cook the pork for 8–10 minutes on either side.
- Serve straight away. sliced with kimchi and lettuce cups
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...