Korean BBQ PorkBen O'Donoghue
- 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Butter lettuce
- Purée the marinade ingredients, then rub the marinade into the pork meat.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 4–5 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a medium–high heat. Cook the pork for 8–10 minutes on either side.
- Serve straight away. sliced with kimchi and lettuce cups
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ litres beef or vegetable stock ½ teaspoon of saffron 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced 1 stick of celery, slightly peeled, washed and finely diced Tablespoon of olive oil 200g-risotto rice, I use vialano nano 1 bay leaf Splash of good...