Lamb Cutlets, Romesco Sauce and PestoMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch mint
- 80g pine nuts, roasted
- 80gParmesan, grated
- 200ml Early harvest Olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Place the red peppers on a heavy baking tray, then carefully char them all over using a blowtorch if you have one, or the flame on a gas hob. Alternatively, place them under a very hot grill. Transfer the charred peppers to a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes so they steam while cooling, softening the skins.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic. After 10 minutes, use your fingers or a tea towel to slide the skins off the charred peppers, but don’t worry if there’s little bits left as this will lend the sauce an authentic grilled flavour. Remove all the seeds, then put the prepared peppers and garlic into a food processor.
- For the Pesto, place all ingredients (except the oil) in the mortar and pestle and puree adding the oil a little at a time
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...