Lamb Cutlets, Romesco Sauce and PestoMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch mint
- 80g pine nuts, roasted
- 80gParmesan, grated
- 200ml Early harvest Olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Place the red peppers on a heavy baking tray, then carefully char them all over using a blowtorch if you have one, or the flame on a gas hob. Alternatively, place them under a very hot grill. Transfer the charred peppers to a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes so they steam while cooling, softening the skins.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic. After 10 minutes, use your fingers or a tea towel to slide the skins off the charred peppers, but don’t worry if there’s little bits left as this will lend the sauce an authentic grilled flavour. Remove all the seeds, then put the prepared peppers and garlic into a food processor.
- For the Pesto, place all ingredients (except the oil) in the mortar and pestle and puree adding the oil a little at a time
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...