Lamb Cutlets, Romesco Sauce and PestoMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch mint
- 80g pine nuts, roasted
- 80gParmesan, grated
- 200ml Early harvest Olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Place the red peppers on a heavy baking tray, then carefully char them all over using a blowtorch if you have one, or the flame on a gas hob. Alternatively, place them under a very hot grill. Transfer the charred peppers to a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes so they steam while cooling, softening the skins.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic. After 10 minutes, use your fingers or a tea towel to slide the skins off the charred peppers, but don’t worry if there’s little bits left as this will lend the sauce an authentic grilled flavour. Remove all the seeds, then put the prepared peppers and garlic into a food processor.
- For the Pesto, place all ingredients (except the oil) in the mortar and pestle and puree adding the oil a little at a time
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...