Lamb StewElena Duggan
- 1kg Lamb Offcuts, pieces with bones are extra tasty
- 250g Onions, diced
- 250g Carrots, diced
- 250g Celery, diced
- 500g Potatoes
- 375g French lentils (1 bag)
- 1 head Garlic, cloves only
- 100g Anchovies, in oil
- 4 Bay leaves
- 10 Black peppercorns
- 750ml White wine
- 1L Massel Liquid Beef stock
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.
- For thicker gravy, carefully strain solids ensuring not too much break up of vegetables and set aside, reserve liquid.
- Place liquid and approx. ½ cup of stewed vegetables in a small saucepan, simmer over medium low for up to 20 minutes or until reduced by approximately half – using a stick blender, blitz to a smooth gravy consistency and cover stewed meat and vegetables before serving.
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...