Lamb WellingtonBen O'Donoghue
- 300gm trimmed lamb loin trimmed (middle cut)
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 sheet frozen best quality puff pastry
- 250 gm flat field mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 50gm butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Season the loin with finely chopped thyme and salt and pepper and allow to rest for 30min to infuse the flavours then seal in a hot pan on all sides until golden brown then allow to cool.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and sweat off in butter with the garlic until the moisture cooks out of the mushrooms then add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper and allow to cool to room temp.
- Role the puff pastry place the pastry sheet between two sheets of baking paper lightly dusted with flour and roll into a rectangle so that it is long enough to wrap the loin completely and is as wide as the loin.
- Remove the top piece of baking paper and dust off any excess flour, cover 1/2 of the rectangle with the mushroom mixture equally. Smear the loin with an even covering of dijon mustard and place at the end of the pastry on top of the mushroom mix.
- Roll the pastry away from yourself pulling back firmly so that the pastry is firm around the beef. Roll so that the mushroom layer and pastry completely wraps the lamb loin leaving 3cm of plain pastry, egg wash this and press together so that it sticks. Trim the edges so that they are flush with the meet. Make sure that the seam is at the bottom and remove the paper except for a rectangle underneath to bake upon. Egg wash the top and pace in the fridge to rest for 30mins
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrease c and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is dark golden in colour use a probe to test the temp. It should reach 45 degrees. Allow to rest for 10min then slice with a sharp knife into equal portions. Serve with steamed spinach or your favourite veg.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...