Mediterranean Squid SaladKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g roasted capsicum from a jar
- 3 anchovy in oil fillets
- 20g pine nuts
- 10g mint leaves pinch of salt
- 2 large squid, cleaned and gutted
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 3 slices of roasted capsicum from a jar.
- mint leaves
- Combine capers, lemon, 2 tbsp EVOO, finely chopped garlic, rough chopped capsicum, finely chopped anchovies, rough chopped pine nuts, chopped mint and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Remove squid tentacles and set aside. cut the squid tube on one side to open and score the inside.
- Cut into two finger sized pieces.
- On a hot griddle pan cook tentacles and set aside, cook the squid pieces scored side down for 1 minute than flip for another minute and season with a pinch of salt.
- Dunk all the cooked squid hot directly into the salsa to coat.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...