Mediterranean Squid SaladKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g roasted capsicum from a jar
- 3 anchovy in oil fillets
- 20g pine nuts
- 10g mint leaves pinch of salt
- 2 large squid, cleaned and gutted
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 3 slices of roasted capsicum from a jar.
- mint leaves
- Combine capers, lemon, 2 tbsp EVOO, finely chopped garlic, rough chopped capsicum, finely chopped anchovies, rough chopped pine nuts, chopped mint and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Remove squid tentacles and set aside. cut the squid tube on one side to open and score the inside.
- Cut into two finger sized pieces.
- On a hot griddle pan cook tentacles and set aside, cook the squid pieces scored side down for 1 minute than flip for another minute and season with a pinch of salt.
- Dunk all the cooked squid hot directly into the salsa to coat.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...