Mexican Hot DogsBen O'Donoghue
- 6 thick, coarse-minced pork sausage
- 6 soft hot dog rolls
- 1 cup sour cream,
- to serve 2 cups grated cheddar, to serve
- 1 tsp Hot chilli sauce
- 2 avocados, halved and stone removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 10 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Make the guacamole by using a fork to roughly mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the lime juice, spring onion, tomatoes and coriander. Season to taste and stir to combine.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients just before you’re ready to serve.
- To make up the hot dogs, slowly char grill or barbecue the thick pork sausages. Slice the hot dog rolls length ways and fill each one with a sausage topped with guacamole, salsa and hot chilli sauce.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and top with grated cheddar.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...