Mexican Hot DogsBen O'Donoghue
- 6 thick, coarse-minced pork sausage
- 6 soft hot dog rolls
- 1 cup sour cream,
- to serve 2 cups grated cheddar, to serve
- 1 tsp Hot chilli sauce
- 2 avocados, halved and stone removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 10 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Make the guacamole by using a fork to roughly mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the lime juice, spring onion, tomatoes and coriander. Season to taste and stir to combine.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients just before you’re ready to serve.
- To make up the hot dogs, slowly char grill or barbecue the thick pork sausages. Slice the hot dog rolls length ways and fill each one with a sausage topped with guacamole, salsa and hot chilli sauce.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and top with grated cheddar.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...