Mexican Hot DogsBen O'Donoghue
- 6 thick, coarse-minced pork sausage
- 6 soft hot dog rolls
- 1 cup sour cream,
- to serve 2 cups grated cheddar, to serve
- 1 tsp Hot chilli sauce
- 2 avocados, halved and stone removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 10 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Make the guacamole by using a fork to roughly mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the lime juice, spring onion, tomatoes and coriander. Season to taste and stir to combine.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients just before you’re ready to serve.
- To make up the hot dogs, slowly char grill or barbecue the thick pork sausages. Slice the hot dog rolls length ways and fill each one with a sausage topped with guacamole, salsa and hot chilli sauce.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and top with grated cheddar.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...