Mexican Shaking BeefKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- 250g scotch fillet 2cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup of EVOO
- 1⁄2 avocado diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄2 a mango diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a Lebanese cucumber finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a long red chilli finely chopped
- juice of 1⁄2 a lime and zest
- 1⁄2 cup of loosely packed coriander leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1 packet of watercress
- 1 large tomato finely sliced
- combine all the ingredients and leave to marinade for 30 mins
- in a hot wok cook the beef in two batches, continually shaking the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- set beef aside
- mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside to serve
- to serve, make a bed of watercress on a plate
- cover with beef
- place random piles of tomatoes around the beef.
- spoon salsa over beef
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...