Mexican Shaking BeefKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- 250g scotch fillet 2cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup of EVOO
- 1⁄2 avocado diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄2 a mango diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a Lebanese cucumber finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a long red chilli finely chopped
- juice of 1⁄2 a lime and zest
- 1⁄2 cup of loosely packed coriander leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1 packet of watercress
- 1 large tomato finely sliced
- combine all the ingredients and leave to marinade for 30 mins
- in a hot wok cook the beef in two batches, continually shaking the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- set beef aside
- mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside to serve
- to serve, make a bed of watercress on a plate
- cover with beef
- place random piles of tomatoes around the beef.
- spoon salsa over beef
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...