Mexican Shaking BeefKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- 250g scotch fillet 2cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup of EVOO
- 1⁄2 avocado diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄2 a mango diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a Lebanese cucumber finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a long red chilli finely chopped
- juice of 1⁄2 a lime and zest
- 1⁄2 cup of loosely packed coriander leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1 packet of watercress
- 1 large tomato finely sliced
- combine all the ingredients and leave to marinade for 30 mins
- in a hot wok cook the beef in two batches, continually shaking the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- set beef aside
- mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside to serve
- to serve, make a bed of watercress on a plate
- cover with beef
- place random piles of tomatoes around the beef.
- spoon salsa over beef
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...