Mexican Shaking BeefKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- 250g scotch fillet 2cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup of EVOO
- 1⁄2 avocado diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄2 a mango diced into small 1cm chunks
- 1⁄4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a Lebanese cucumber finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a long red chilli finely chopped
- juice of 1⁄2 a lime and zest
- 1⁄2 cup of loosely packed coriander leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1 packet of watercress
- 1 large tomato finely sliced
- combine all the ingredients and leave to marinade for 30 mins
- in a hot wok cook the beef in two batches, continually shaking the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- set beef aside
- mix all the salsa ingredients together and set aside to serve
- to serve, make a bed of watercress on a plate
- cover with beef
- place random piles of tomatoes around the beef.
- spoon salsa over beef
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...