Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb San Choy BowKhanh Ong
Lamb San Choy Bau:
- 250g lamb mince
- 1⁄4 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp mint chopped
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of cooked couscous
- 1 cup of Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber grated
- 1⁄2 tsp of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Rind and juice of a lemon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6 small iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup of roasted pine nuts
- coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl except EVOO and couscous
- Pour 1⁄2 the EVOO into a hot pan on high heat and add half the mince mixture and cook while constantly stirring for 7-10 minutes or until brown, repeat with other half.
- Mix the cooked lamb with couscous and set aside. :
- For dressing, mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Place 1/6 of the lamb mixture into an iceberg lettuce leaf
- Top with a heaped tbsp of the Jalna yoghurt dressing
- Scatter a few pine nuts over and top with coriander leaves
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...