Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb San Choy BowKhanh Ong
Lamb San Choy Bau:
- 250g lamb mince
- 1⁄4 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp mint chopped
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of cooked couscous
- 1 cup of Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber grated
- 1⁄2 tsp of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Rind and juice of a lemon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6 small iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup of roasted pine nuts
- coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl except EVOO and couscous
- Pour 1⁄2 the EVOO into a hot pan on high heat and add half the mince mixture and cook while constantly stirring for 7-10 minutes or until brown, repeat with other half.
- Mix the cooked lamb with couscous and set aside. :
- For dressing, mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Place 1/6 of the lamb mixture into an iceberg lettuce leaf
- Top with a heaped tbsp of the Jalna yoghurt dressing
- Scatter a few pine nuts over and top with coriander leaves
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...