Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb San Choy BowKhanh Ong
Lamb San Choy Bau:
- 250g lamb mince
- 1⁄4 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp mint chopped
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of cooked couscous
- 1 cup of Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber grated
- 1⁄2 tsp of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Rind and juice of a lemon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6 small iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup of roasted pine nuts
- coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl except EVOO and couscous
- Pour 1⁄2 the EVOO into a hot pan on high heat and add half the mince mixture and cook while constantly stirring for 7-10 minutes or until brown, repeat with other half.
- Mix the cooked lamb with couscous and set aside. :
- For dressing, mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Place 1/6 of the lamb mixture into an iceberg lettuce leaf
- Top with a heaped tbsp of the Jalna yoghurt dressing
- Scatter a few pine nuts over and top with coriander leaves
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...