Mushroom, Olive & Ricotta FusilliBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm field mushroom finely chopped
- 2 cups green olives
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 100gm ricotta cheese fresh
- Lemon juice and zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 fresh red chillies
- Olive oil
- 1-cup thick cream
- 100gm Parmesan cheese
- In a thick bottomed pan heat a small amount of olive oil and sauté the chopped mushroom so they release their moisture and then add the chopped garlic and chopped green olives, cook until the liquid has evaporated so that the flavour is concentrated.
- Add the cream and reduce by 1/2 then add 1/2 the chopped herbs and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Cook the pasta as directed by the packet, then drain and add to the mushroom and olive mixture
- Mix the crumbled ricotta to the pasta mix and then season with the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with the remainder of the chopped herbs and chopped red chilli and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ litres beef or vegetable stock ½ teaspoon of saffron 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced 1 stick of celery, slightly peeled, washed and finely diced Tablespoon of olive oil 200g-risotto rice, I use vialano nano 1 bay leaf Splash of good...