Mushroom, Olive & Ricotta FusilliBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm field mushroom finely chopped
- 2 cups green olives
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 100gm ricotta cheese fresh
- Lemon juice and zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 fresh red chillies
- Olive oil
- 1-cup thick cream
- 100gm Parmesan cheese
- In a thick bottomed pan heat a small amount of olive oil and sauté the chopped mushroom so they release their moisture and then add the chopped garlic and chopped green olives, cook until the liquid has evaporated so that the flavour is concentrated.
- Add the cream and reduce by 1/2 then add 1/2 the chopped herbs and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Cook the pasta as directed by the packet, then drain and add to the mushroom and olive mixture
- Mix the crumbled ricotta to the pasta mix and then season with the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with the remainder of the chopped herbs and chopped red chilli and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...