Mushroom RisottoMike Reid
- 500g Mixed mushrooms (King oyster, shitake, flat etc)
- 500ml Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 250g Mixed mushrooms, (King oyster, shitake, flat etc)
- 1 onion brown
- 275ml White wine
- 170g risotto rice
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- 100g Parmesan
- Dice 1 onion into an equal sized brunoise.
- Dry cook your rice for 1 minute before adding your onions and butter to the pan, cook out until the onions are soft and translucent. (allowing the risotto rice to absorb the fat), deglaze with white wine, and cook until almost gone.
- Add vegetable stock in small ladles, allowing the risotto to cook slowly and evenly. (it is essential that there is not too much risotto in the pan, too much causes uneven cooking)
- In a separate pan, sautee your mushrooms in butter over a medium heat.
- When your risotto is almost ready add your parmesan, mushrooms and butter and emulsify
- Finish with extra parmesan on top and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nebbiolo.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...