Mushroom RisottoMike Reid
- 500g Mixed mushrooms (King oyster, shitake, flat etc)
- 500ml Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 250g Mixed mushrooms, (King oyster, shitake, flat etc)
- 1 onion brown
- 275ml White wine
- 170g risotto rice
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- 100g Parmesan
- Dice 1 onion into an equal sized brunoise.
- Dry cook your rice for 1 minute before adding your onions and butter to the pan, cook out until the onions are soft and translucent. (allowing the risotto rice to absorb the fat), deglaze with white wine, and cook until almost gone.
- Add vegetable stock in small ladles, allowing the risotto to cook slowly and evenly. (it is essential that there is not too much risotto in the pan, too much causes uneven cooking)
- In a separate pan, sautee your mushrooms in butter over a medium heat.
- When your risotto is almost ready add your parmesan, mushrooms and butter and emulsify
- Finish with extra parmesan on top and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nebbiolo.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...