Mussles in Hot and Sour SoupKaren Chan
- 105g Safcol Chilean Mussels in Spanish Escabeche sauce
- 1tbsp oil
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 4 slices ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, soaked and then finely sliced
- 225 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and julienned
- 800 ml chicken stock (you may substitute this with vegetable or fish stock)
- 1 tsp Chinese black vinegar
- 300 g soft tofu, cut to 6 slices
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (use as much or as little as you’d like, to your taste)
- Soy sauce, to season to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix 1tsp corn flour with 1 tsp water
- Chopped spring onions
- Fresh coriander
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil and then fry ginger and garlic until slightly brown.
- Add shiitake and bamboo shoots to fry for a minute and then gently add wine.
- Add stock, vinegar, tofu, sesame oil, white pepper, chili flakes and Mussels in sauce, bring it to a boil then lower the heat and leave the soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, you may break up the tofu to smaller chunks.
- Season to taste with soy sauce.
- Pour in the roux to thicken the soup and then drizzle in the beaten egg.
- To serve, garnish with herbs and an extra dash of white pepper.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...