Pork Meatballs in White Wine and SageLaura Sharrad
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Plain flour, for dusting
White Wine Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fry the onion & garlic in a frypan until soft & caramelised, on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mince, onion mix, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg & season with salt and pepper. Mix well to allow the protein in the meat to become a little sticky. Roll into balls, and dust lightly in flour.
- Heat a large frypan & begin to brown off the meatballs on each side. Once browned, add the butter and allow to melt. Deglaze with the wine and add the aromatics. Place a lid onto & allow to bubble away for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs, and until the sauce has thickened.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...