Pork Meatballs in White Wine and SageLaura Sharrad
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Plain flour, for dusting
White Wine Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fry the onion & garlic in a frypan until soft & caramelised, on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mince, onion mix, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg & season with salt and pepper. Mix well to allow the protein in the meat to become a little sticky. Roll into balls, and dust lightly in flour.
- Heat a large frypan & begin to brown off the meatballs on each side. Once browned, add the butter and allow to melt. Deglaze with the wine and add the aromatics. Place a lid onto & allow to bubble away for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs, and until the sauce has thickened.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...