Pork Meatballs in White Wine and SageLaura Sharrad
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Plain flour, for dusting
White Wine Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fry the onion & garlic in a frypan until soft & caramelised, on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mince, onion mix, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg & season with salt and pepper. Mix well to allow the protein in the meat to become a little sticky. Roll into balls, and dust lightly in flour.
- Heat a large frypan & begin to brown off the meatballs on each side. Once browned, add the butter and allow to melt. Deglaze with the wine and add the aromatics. Place a lid onto & allow to bubble away for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs, and until the sauce has thickened.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking. 50g peas 50g small broad beans 1 spring onions, thinly sliced Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped Small handful fresh...