Pork Meatballs in White Wine and SageLaura Sharrad
- 1kg pork mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Plain flour, for dusting
White Wine Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fry the onion & garlic in a frypan until soft & caramelised, on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mince, onion mix, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg & season with salt and pepper. Mix well to allow the protein in the meat to become a little sticky. Roll into balls, and dust lightly in flour.
- Heat a large frypan & begin to brown off the meatballs on each side. Once browned, add the butter and allow to melt. Deglaze with the wine and add the aromatics. Place a lid onto & allow to bubble away for about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs, and until the sauce has thickened.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...