Portuguese Sardine FrittersKaren Chan
- 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained
- 200g mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (flat or frilly leaf parsley works well)
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Side salad
- Wedge of lemon
- Tartare sauce
- In a mixing bowl, gently breakup sardines, and then add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and firm up.
- Heat a pot with 3cm-deep oil on low heat.
- When the oil is ready for frying, scoop out 2tsp of the fritter mix and shape into a ball. Gently drop the fritter into the oil. Repeat with remaining fritter mix.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve as finger food, or with salad for a light meal.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...