Portuguese Sardine FrittersKaren Chan
- 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained
- 200g mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (flat or frilly leaf parsley works well)
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Side salad
- Wedge of lemon
- Tartare sauce
- In a mixing bowl, gently breakup sardines, and then add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and firm up.
- Heat a pot with 3cm-deep oil on low heat.
- When the oil is ready for frying, scoop out 2tsp of the fritter mix and shape into a ball. Gently drop the fritter into the oil. Repeat with remaining fritter mix.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve as finger food, or with salad for a light meal.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...