Ricotta Gnocchi Spiced Pork RaguLaura Sharrad
- 300g ricotta cheese (firm)
- 3 whole eggs
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- Nutmeg (freshly ground)
- 300g Plain flour 0000 plus some for dusting
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 700g (1 1⁄2 lb) pork mince
- 100g (3 1⁄2 oz) tomato purée
- 125ml (4 oz) dry white wine
- 400g tin chopped tomato
- Large handful basil, roughly chopped
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Place the ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, and eggs into a bowl and using a wooden spatula mix until combined
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Start adding the flour in small batches. Based on the texture and add more or less flour
- Work until a dough has formed but don’t over work it
- Roll into long strips and then cut to desired length
- Sprinkle flour onto them and let them rest until ready to cook
- Cook in boiling salted water until they float
- To a frying pan, add olive oil garlic and chilli and fry off
- Add the rest of your ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with basil and parmesan
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...