Ricotta Gnocchi Spiced Pork RaguLaura Sharrad
- 300g ricotta cheese (firm)
- 3 whole eggs
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- Nutmeg (freshly ground)
- 300g Plain flour 0000 plus some for dusting
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 700g (1 1⁄2 lb) pork mince
- 100g (3 1⁄2 oz) tomato purée
- 125ml (4 oz) dry white wine
- 400g tin chopped tomato
- Large handful basil, roughly chopped
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Place the ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, and eggs into a bowl and using a wooden spatula mix until combined
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Start adding the flour in small batches. Based on the texture and add more or less flour
- Work until a dough has formed but don’t over work it
- Roll into long strips and then cut to desired length
- Sprinkle flour onto them and let them rest until ready to cook
- Cook in boiling salted water until they float
- To a frying pan, add olive oil garlic and chilli and fry off
- Add the rest of your ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with basil and parmesan
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...