Roast Chicken with Peas and PotatoesKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Pour a little olive oil into a non-stick pan and brown your chicken pieces. Remove them from the pan.
- Add the onion and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken pieces and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and peas. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...