Roast Chicken with Peas and PotatoesKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Pour a little olive oil into a non-stick pan and brown your chicken pieces. Remove them from the pan.
- Add the onion and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken pieces and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and peas. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...