Roast Chicken with Peas and PotatoesKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Pour a little olive oil into a non-stick pan and brown your chicken pieces. Remove them from the pan.
- Add the onion and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken pieces and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and peas. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...