Roasted Pumpkin, Pumpkin Seed and Miso PureeMike Reid
- Crown Pumpkin (or similar)
- 250g Pumpkin seeds
- 100g Miso
- 500g Spanish Onion
- 100g Butter
- Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden
- Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden
- Once all cooked blitz together in blender and season to taste
Charcoal Cooked Pumpkin:
- Cut pumpkin into wedges
- Cook over the hibachi grill basting in butter. Don’t be afraid of the blackening, this equals flavour. Just ensure you’re cooking it slowly and keep basting to keep it moist and enhance the flavour.
- Place your pumpkin and miso puree down first then top with your charcoal pumpkin.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking. 50g peas 50g small broad beans 1 spring onions, thinly sliced Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped Small handful fresh...