Salami and Bean saladKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1⁄2 a brown onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 40g hot salami chopped
- 200g tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp of Shiraz
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped cup of peeled broad beans
- a pinch of salt
- 2 slices of Charred crusty bread
- 1 tbsp of chopped mint
- Add EVOO to a medium saucepan on medium heat with brown onion for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and salami to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, tomatoes, Shiraz, and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Add broad beans, salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Top bread with the mixture and finish by topping with mint, then serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz or Grenache.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...