Satay BeefJoel Ferren
- 100ml (1⁄2 tetrapak) Glucerna
- 1 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- Juice from 1⁄2 lime
- 50ml coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 400g diced beef
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1⁄2 diced capsicum
- 1⁄2 bunch of broccolini
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 handful halved green beans
- 1⁄2 red long chilli, diced (can be omitted)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Sweat shallots, garlic, ginger and cumin powder in a dash of vegetable oil
- Add soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and peanut butter into hot pan and stir over low heat until smooth
Add coconut milk and Ensure Plus to sauce and stir until combined. Set mixture aside
- Brown beef in one tablespoon vegetable oil in hot pan and set aside
- Add vegetables to hot pan and cook until they start to soften
- Add beef and sauce to vegetables and mix until sauce coats the mixture
- Serve with your choice of noodles or rice
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...