Seafood ChowderBen O'Donoghue
Makes four good size portions
- 2kg pippies purged
- Fish stock
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 1 leek medium/large white only diced
- 80g butter
- 250g sweet cured streaky bacon diced
- 2 sticks of celery diced
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1/2 bunch of thyme
- 1 pint of cream
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 handfuls of croutons cooked in clarified butter and seasoned
- Cook the pippies in batches, steaming them just open with all the white wine. Remove the pippie meat from the shells and retain the liquid and the meat separately.
- In a none- stick pot, melt the butter and add the leek and celery and gently cook without colour until soft and sweet. Then add the bacon and potato and cook until translucent.
- Sprinkle the bacon and veg with the flour and cook for about two minutes. Throw in the thyme whole then gradually add the pippie liquid stirring continuously until you smooth slightly thick soup.
- Allow to cook over a low heat until the potatoes are tender then add the cream. Adjust the seasoning with a touch of lemon and salt and pepper.
- To serve, add the pippie meat back to the soup to just warm through as if you cook them too much they will become tough. Garnish each bowl of chowder with some croutons and chopped parsley.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...