Seafood CongeeBen O'Donoghue
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1L Chicken stock (plus more if needed)
- 4 Scallops sliced in half
- 4 Prawns peeled and de-veined sliced in half
- 100g White fish flaky fish diced
2 tablespoons fried crispy Shallots (shop bought Asian aisle)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Chilli Red finely sliced
- Ground white pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Combine the cooked rice and the chicken stock in a large pot. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer gently, cooking the rice until it breaks down and thickens the stock to the consistency of a thin porridge this may take 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom of the pot. Add more stock if it gets to thick. Season with salt and white ground pepper to taste
- Once the congee is cooked add the diced fish and simmer for a minute or two then add the prawns and scallops.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle the top with the fresh cut spring onion, the crispy shallot, sliced red chilli and sprinkle of soy sauce
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...