Seafood CongeeBen O'Donoghue
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1L Chicken stock (plus more if needed)
- 4 Scallops sliced in half
- 4 Prawns peeled and de-veined sliced in half
- 100g White fish flaky fish diced
2 tablespoons fried crispy Shallots (shop bought Asian aisle)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Chilli Red finely sliced
- Ground white pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Combine the cooked rice and the chicken stock in a large pot. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer gently, cooking the rice until it breaks down and thickens the stock to the consistency of a thin porridge this may take 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom of the pot. Add more stock if it gets to thick. Season with salt and white ground pepper to taste
- Once the congee is cooked add the diced fish and simmer for a minute or two then add the prawns and scallops.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle the top with the fresh cut spring onion, the crispy shallot, sliced red chilli and sprinkle of soy sauce
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...