Seafood CongeeBen O'Donoghue
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1L Chicken stock (plus more if needed)
- 4 Scallops sliced in half
- 4 Prawns peeled and de-veined sliced in half
- 100g White fish flaky fish diced
2 tablespoons fried crispy Shallots (shop bought Asian aisle)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Chilli Red finely sliced
- Ground white pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Combine the cooked rice and the chicken stock in a large pot. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer gently, cooking the rice until it breaks down and thickens the stock to the consistency of a thin porridge this may take 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom of the pot. Add more stock if it gets to thick. Season with salt and white ground pepper to taste
- Once the congee is cooked add the diced fish and simmer for a minute or two then add the prawns and scallops.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle the top with the fresh cut spring onion, the crispy shallot, sliced red chilli and sprinkle of soy sauce
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...