Seafood CongeeBen O'Donoghue
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1L Chicken stock (plus more if needed)
- 4 Scallops sliced in half
- 4 Prawns peeled and de-veined sliced in half
- 100g White fish flaky fish diced
2 tablespoons fried crispy Shallots (shop bought Asian aisle)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Chilli Red finely sliced
- Ground white pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Combine the cooked rice and the chicken stock in a large pot. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer gently, cooking the rice until it breaks down and thickens the stock to the consistency of a thin porridge this may take 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom of the pot. Add more stock if it gets to thick. Season with salt and white ground pepper to taste
- Once the congee is cooked add the diced fish and simmer for a minute or two then add the prawns and scallops.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle the top with the fresh cut spring onion, the crispy shallot, sliced red chilli and sprinkle of soy sauce
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...