Seafood CongeeBen O'Donoghue
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1L Chicken stock (plus more if needed)
- 4 Scallops sliced in half
- 4 Prawns peeled and de-veined sliced in half
- 100g White fish flaky fish diced
2 tablespoons fried crispy Shallots (shop bought Asian aisle)
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Chilli Red finely sliced
- Ground white pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Combine the cooked rice and the chicken stock in a large pot. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer gently, cooking the rice until it breaks down and thickens the stock to the consistency of a thin porridge this may take 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom of the pot. Add more stock if it gets to thick. Season with salt and white ground pepper to taste
- Once the congee is cooked add the diced fish and simmer for a minute or two then add the prawns and scallops.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle the top with the fresh cut spring onion, the crispy shallot, sliced red chilli and sprinkle of soy sauce
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...