Smashed Peas on ToastElena Duggan
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 75g EVOO
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Mint, leaves only, shredded, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Pea shoots
- 4 slices homemade bread (GF/ SF)
- 8 eggs
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River pink, to taste
- For extra good fats and protein add smoked or freshly cooked salmon to each dish.
- Very briefly blanche peas in boiling water, drain well.
- In a food processor pulse blitz peas and EVOO until a coarse puree texture, put aside. Peas can last like this in the fridge in an airtight container, if you’d like to prep ahead of time
- In a bowl mix peas, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan, mint and enough EVOO to loosen mixture.
- To poach the eggs, bring to the boil a large saucepan approx. 4L of water, and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Create a whirlpool in the barely bubbling water. Crack each egg into a small bowl, before gently sliding it into the centre of the whirlpool. Repeat until all cooked. For runny yolks, scoop out eggs when all white has just turned opaque, with a spider strainer and place on paper towel if necessary for extra drainage.
- Whilst eggs are poaching, toast your bread and place a generous scoop of your pea mixture on top creating a slight well for the eggs to rest on.
- Place two poached eggs on top and serve with extra Parmesan, mint and pea shoots, pepper and salt to taste.
- If you’re more confident boiling eggs, peeled soft-boiled eggs are an easy poached egg replacement, or can be cooked ahead of time for faster prep.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...