Smashed Peas on ToastElena Duggan
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 75g EVOO
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Mint, leaves only, shredded, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Pea shoots
- 4 slices homemade bread (GF/ SF)
- 8 eggs
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River pink, to taste
- For extra good fats and protein add smoked or freshly cooked salmon to each dish.
- Very briefly blanche peas in boiling water, drain well.
- In a food processor pulse blitz peas and EVOO until a coarse puree texture, put aside. Peas can last like this in the fridge in an airtight container, if you’d like to prep ahead of time
- In a bowl mix peas, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan, mint and enough EVOO to loosen mixture.
- To poach the eggs, bring to the boil a large saucepan approx. 4L of water, and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Create a whirlpool in the barely bubbling water. Crack each egg into a small bowl, before gently sliding it into the centre of the whirlpool. Repeat until all cooked. For runny yolks, scoop out eggs when all white has just turned opaque, with a spider strainer and place on paper towel if necessary for extra drainage.
- Whilst eggs are poaching, toast your bread and place a generous scoop of your pea mixture on top creating a slight well for the eggs to rest on.
- Place two poached eggs on top and serve with extra Parmesan, mint and pea shoots, pepper and salt to taste.
- If you’re more confident boiling eggs, peeled soft-boiled eggs are an easy poached egg replacement, or can be cooked ahead of time for faster prep.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...