Smashed Peas on ToastElena Duggan
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 75g EVOO
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Mint, leaves only, shredded, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Pea shoots
- 4 slices homemade bread (GF/ SF)
- 8 eggs
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River pink, to taste
- For extra good fats and protein add smoked or freshly cooked salmon to each dish.
- Very briefly blanche peas in boiling water, drain well.
- In a food processor pulse blitz peas and EVOO until a coarse puree texture, put aside. Peas can last like this in the fridge in an airtight container, if you’d like to prep ahead of time
- In a bowl mix peas, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan, mint and enough EVOO to loosen mixture.
- To poach the eggs, bring to the boil a large saucepan approx. 4L of water, and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Create a whirlpool in the barely bubbling water. Crack each egg into a small bowl, before gently sliding it into the centre of the whirlpool. Repeat until all cooked. For runny yolks, scoop out eggs when all white has just turned opaque, with a spider strainer and place on paper towel if necessary for extra drainage.
- Whilst eggs are poaching, toast your bread and place a generous scoop of your pea mixture on top creating a slight well for the eggs to rest on.
- Place two poached eggs on top and serve with extra Parmesan, mint and pea shoots, pepper and salt to taste.
- If you’re more confident boiling eggs, peeled soft-boiled eggs are an easy poached egg replacement, or can be cooked ahead of time for faster prep.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...