Smashed Peas on ToastElena Duggan
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 75g EVOO
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Mint, leaves only, shredded, extra to serve
- ½ bunch Pea shoots
- 4 slices homemade bread (GF/ SF)
- 8 eggs
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River pink, to taste
- For extra good fats and protein add smoked or freshly cooked salmon to each dish.
- Very briefly blanche peas in boiling water, drain well.
- In a food processor pulse blitz peas and EVOO until a coarse puree texture, put aside. Peas can last like this in the fridge in an airtight container, if you’d like to prep ahead of time
- In a bowl mix peas, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan, mint and enough EVOO to loosen mixture.
- To poach the eggs, bring to the boil a large saucepan approx. 4L of water, and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Create a whirlpool in the barely bubbling water. Crack each egg into a small bowl, before gently sliding it into the centre of the whirlpool. Repeat until all cooked. For runny yolks, scoop out eggs when all white has just turned opaque, with a spider strainer and place on paper towel if necessary for extra drainage.
- Whilst eggs are poaching, toast your bread and place a generous scoop of your pea mixture on top creating a slight well for the eggs to rest on.
- Place two poached eggs on top and serve with extra Parmesan, mint and pea shoots, pepper and salt to taste.
- If you’re more confident boiling eggs, peeled soft-boiled eggs are an easy poached egg replacement, or can be cooked ahead of time for faster prep.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...