Spatchcock Chicken, Mojo Rojo SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at BIG4
- 1 Free-range spatchcocked Chicken (about 2kg)
- 1 Sweet potato, baked
- 100ml Yoghurt
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 Mango, overripe
- 1 Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 Thai Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50ml Rice Vinegar
Spiced Mango Puree:
- Heat a small pot on a stove over a medium heat, add all ingredients and cook slowly until soft, ensuring it does not catch on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the back bone from your chicken with a sharp knife, you want to be left with just the spatchcock (ideally purchase in like this to avoid the extra work)
- Coat the chicken in the marinade (reserving a small amount for basting later) and leave for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook over your bbq on a medium heat, basting every few minutes to ensure it stays nice and moist.
- It should be a gorgeous golden colour, slightly crispy and charred in places when cooked. Serve with a little more of the marinade if you like, works equally well as a sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Viognier.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...