Spatchcock Chicken, Mojo Rojo SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at BIG4
- 1 Free-range spatchcocked Chicken (about 2kg)
- 1 Sweet potato, baked
- 100ml Yoghurt
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 Mango, overripe
- 1 Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 Thai Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50ml Rice Vinegar
Spiced Mango Puree:
- Heat a small pot on a stove over a medium heat, add all ingredients and cook slowly until soft, ensuring it does not catch on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the back bone from your chicken with a sharp knife, you want to be left with just the spatchcock (ideally purchase in like this to avoid the extra work)
- Coat the chicken in the marinade (reserving a small amount for basting later) and leave for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook over your bbq on a medium heat, basting every few minutes to ensure it stays nice and moist.
- It should be a gorgeous golden colour, slightly crispy and charred in places when cooked. Serve with a little more of the marinade if you like, works equally well as a sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Viognier.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...