Spatchcock Chicken, Mojo Rojo SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at BIG4
- 1 Free-range spatchcocked Chicken (about 2kg)
- 1 Sweet potato, baked
- 100ml Yoghurt
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 Mango, overripe
- 1 Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 Thai Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50ml Rice Vinegar
Spiced Mango Puree:
- Heat a small pot on a stove over a medium heat, add all ingredients and cook slowly until soft, ensuring it does not catch on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the back bone from your chicken with a sharp knife, you want to be left with just the spatchcock (ideally purchase in like this to avoid the extra work)
- Coat the chicken in the marinade (reserving a small amount for basting later) and leave for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook over your bbq on a medium heat, basting every few minutes to ensure it stays nice and moist.
- It should be a gorgeous golden colour, slightly crispy and charred in places when cooked. Serve with a little more of the marinade if you like, works equally well as a sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Viognier.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...