Spatchcock Chicken, Mojo Rojo SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at BIG4
- 1 Free-range spatchcocked Chicken (about 2kg)
- 1 Sweet potato, baked
- 100ml Yoghurt
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 Mango, overripe
- 1 Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 Thai Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50ml Rice Vinegar
Spiced Mango Puree:
- Heat a small pot on a stove over a medium heat, add all ingredients and cook slowly until soft, ensuring it does not catch on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the back bone from your chicken with a sharp knife, you want to be left with just the spatchcock (ideally purchase in like this to avoid the extra work)
- Coat the chicken in the marinade (reserving a small amount for basting later) and leave for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook over your bbq on a medium heat, basting every few minutes to ensure it stays nice and moist.
- It should be a gorgeous golden colour, slightly crispy and charred in places when cooked. Serve with a little more of the marinade if you like, works equally well as a sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Viognier.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...