Special Fried Rice, Broccoli, Chinese Broccoli and PeasMike Reid
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 free-range eggs
- 225g pre-cooked chilled long grain rice
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 80g Broccoli, stalks included
- 80g Chinese broccoli
- 1 Tbsp Crispy shallots
- 1 Tsp Crispy garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan until it is very hot. Add the garlic and ginger and cook briefly, stirring all the time.
- Add the broccoli followed by the chilled rice. Season with salt and pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes on a high heat.
- Beat the eggs together and add to the pan. Stir fry until the eggs have set.
- Add the rest of the greens to the wok and warm through.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...