Sri Lankan Chicken and Pumpkin CurrySimone Austin
- 500g peeled, cubed pumpkin
- 2 carrots, unpeeled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling vegetables
- 6 Scoops Glucerna powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (white or brown)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Fresh coriander for serving
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemon zest, grated, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pumpkin and carrot pieces on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake until tender, around 20minutes.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or boil and drain.
- In a small bowl or glass mix the Glucerna Powder with the water into a paste.
- While the rice is cooking heat the oil in the pan and fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add a little more oil and cook the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, tomato and all the spices and cook until fragrant for around 2minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, Ensure mix, chicken stock cube and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add in the cooked chicken, baby spinach leaves and roasted vegetables.
- Serve rice onto each plate, top with the curry and garnish with lemon zest and chopped fresh coriander.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...