Stuffed Zuchinni FlowersLaura Sharrad
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 12 large basil leaves
- 1 buffalo mozzarella ball
- 12 anchovy fillets
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 250ml pale ale beer
- Sea salt flakes
- Before you can stuff the zucchini flowers, you will need to clean them. Open up each flower and remove the inside bud.
- Stuff each flower with a basil leaf, half a bocconcini ball and half an anchovy fillet. Twist the top of the flower to seal it and to prevent it from opening when fried.
- For the batter, I like to use a really light beer batter as it puffs and crisps, and it’s super easy to make. Combine all the dry batter ingredients (flours, sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper) in a bowl and slowly whisk in the beer. Continue whisking until there are no lumps and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour canola oil into a frying pan until it’s one-third full and set over a high heat until the oil is approximately 180°C. Drop a breadcrumb into the oil to test if the oil is ready – if it turns golden straight away, the oil is hot enough. Dip each zucchini flower into the batter and then place into the oil. Fry on each side for no more than 2 minutes, or until the zucchini flowers are golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel, season and enjoy warm as a snack.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...