Stuffed Zuchinni FlowersLaura Sharrad
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 12 large basil leaves
- 1 buffalo mozzarella ball
- 12 anchovy fillets
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 250ml pale ale beer
- Sea salt flakes
- Before you can stuff the zucchini flowers, you will need to clean them. Open up each flower and remove the inside bud.
- Stuff each flower with a basil leaf, half a bocconcini ball and half an anchovy fillet. Twist the top of the flower to seal it and to prevent it from opening when fried.
- For the batter, I like to use a really light beer batter as it puffs and crisps, and it’s super easy to make. Combine all the dry batter ingredients (flours, sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper) in a bowl and slowly whisk in the beer. Continue whisking until there are no lumps and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour canola oil into a frying pan until it’s one-third full and set over a high heat until the oil is approximately 180°C. Drop a breadcrumb into the oil to test if the oil is ready – if it turns golden straight away, the oil is hot enough. Dip each zucchini flower into the batter and then place into the oil. Fry on each side for no more than 2 minutes, or until the zucchini flowers are golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel, season and enjoy warm as a snack.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...