Stuffed Zuchinni FlowersLaura Sharrad
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 12 large basil leaves
- 1 buffalo mozzarella ball
- 12 anchovy fillets
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 250ml pale ale beer
- Sea salt flakes
- Before you can stuff the zucchini flowers, you will need to clean them. Open up each flower and remove the inside bud.
- Stuff each flower with a basil leaf, half a bocconcini ball and half an anchovy fillet. Twist the top of the flower to seal it and to prevent it from opening when fried.
- For the batter, I like to use a really light beer batter as it puffs and crisps, and it’s super easy to make. Combine all the dry batter ingredients (flours, sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper) in a bowl and slowly whisk in the beer. Continue whisking until there are no lumps and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour canola oil into a frying pan until it’s one-third full and set over a high heat until the oil is approximately 180°C. Drop a breadcrumb into the oil to test if the oil is ready – if it turns golden straight away, the oil is hot enough. Dip each zucchini flower into the batter and then place into the oil. Fry on each side for no more than 2 minutes, or until the zucchini flowers are golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel, season and enjoy warm as a snack.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...