Tuna Mango & Pineapple CevicheKhanh Ong
- 200g Sashimi grade tuna
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 10ml hot water
- 35ml fish sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 50g pineapple fresh, diced
- 1⁄4 of a green mango diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 long red chili
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Roughly chop lemongrass, half the chili , then add to a mortar and pestle with the sugar and lime zest.
- Bruise the chilli and lemongrass with the mortar and pestle, then add coriander stalks and bash, then loosen with lime juice and fish sauce.
- Taste for seasoning, add more lime juice or sugar if needed
- Crush half of the pineapple in the mortar and pestle
- Slice tuna into cubes and add to a bowl with ¾ of the dressing
- Add the rest of the pineapple, mango and dessicated coconut
- Garnish with finely chopped chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve with lavosh or crackers.
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...