Tuna Mango & Pineapple CevicheKhanh Ong
- 200g Sashimi grade tuna
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 10ml hot water
- 35ml fish sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 50g pineapple fresh, diced
- 1⁄4 of a green mango diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 long red chili
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Roughly chop lemongrass, half the chili , then add to a mortar and pestle with the sugar and lime zest.
- Bruise the chilli and lemongrass with the mortar and pestle, then add coriander stalks and bash, then loosen with lime juice and fish sauce.
- Taste for seasoning, add more lime juice or sugar if needed
- Crush half of the pineapple in the mortar and pestle
- Slice tuna into cubes and add to a bowl with ¾ of the dressing
- Add the rest of the pineapple, mango and dessicated coconut
- Garnish with finely chopped chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve with lavosh or crackers.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...