Tuna TartareLaura Sharrad
- 150g Raw Bluefin Tuna, sashimi grade
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp diced gherkin
- 1 tbsp diced chilli, de-seeded
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g potato chips, sea salt flavoured
- Season your shallot with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and sit aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice your tuna into 1cm cubes. Ensure that your gherkin, chilli, dill and chives are finely diced and mix together in a bowl with the tuna.
- Add in your soy sauce and mayonnaise and stir.
- Plate up your tuna tartare by serving in a bowl alongside the potato chips. Top the mixture with egg yolk and seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Savignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...