Tuna TartareLaura Sharrad
- 150g Raw Bluefin Tuna, sashimi grade
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp diced gherkin
- 1 tbsp diced chilli, de-seeded
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g potato chips, sea salt flavoured
- Season your shallot with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and sit aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice your tuna into 1cm cubes. Ensure that your gherkin, chilli, dill and chives are finely diced and mix together in a bowl with the tuna.
- Add in your soy sauce and mayonnaise and stir.
- Plate up your tuna tartare by serving in a bowl alongside the potato chips. Top the mixture with egg yolk and seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Savignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...