Tuna TartareLaura Sharrad
- 150g Raw Bluefin Tuna, sashimi grade
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp diced gherkin
- 1 tbsp diced chilli, de-seeded
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g potato chips, sea salt flavoured
- Season your shallot with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and sit aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice your tuna into 1cm cubes. Ensure that your gherkin, chilli, dill and chives are finely diced and mix together in a bowl with the tuna.
- Add in your soy sauce and mayonnaise and stir.
- Plate up your tuna tartare by serving in a bowl alongside the potato chips. Top the mixture with egg yolk and seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Savignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...