Tuna TartareLaura Sharrad
- 150g Raw Bluefin Tuna, sashimi grade
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp diced gherkin
- 1 tbsp diced chilli, de-seeded
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g potato chips, sea salt flavoured
- Season your shallot with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and sit aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice your tuna into 1cm cubes. Ensure that your gherkin, chilli, dill and chives are finely diced and mix together in a bowl with the tuna.
- Add in your soy sauce and mayonnaise and stir.
- Plate up your tuna tartare by serving in a bowl alongside the potato chips. Top the mixture with egg yolk and seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Savignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...