Vietnamese Turmeric FishElena Duggan
- 1kg Firm white flesh fish, skinless fillets, cut into 4-8 pieces (all suitable: gurnard, morwong, ling, halibut, cod, monkfish, snapper)
- 100g Grapeseed or coconut oil, additional for cooking
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated (if unavailable, substitute for 50g honey)
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 100g Asian shallot, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh turmeric, roughly diced (if fresh unavailable, substitute for 2tbsp ground turmeric)
- 75g Fresh ginger, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh garlic (1head), roughly diced
- 2lge bunches Dill, one roughly chopped, one for presentation
- 1 bunch Coriander, stalks and roots for marinade, leaves or presentation
- 6med Spring/ green onions, 2cm angled slices
- 50-100g Baby spinach leaves
Optional to Serve:
- 50g Toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 250g Rice vermicelli, hydrated and well drained
- 250g Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- Lime quarters
Nuoc Cham Dressing:
- 2lge limes, juice and zest
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 1long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 1clove Garlic, finely diced or crushed
- Up to 50g water to loosen
- To prepare the marinade, in a large mortar and pestle pulverise, stevia, shallot, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chopped dill, and coriander stalks. Once paste is formed and no chunks remain, add fish sauce and oil to loosen. Completely cover the fish in marinade on both sides and place in an airtight container with a lid. Can marinate for up to 12hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat heavy based fry pan to a medium-high heat; alternatively this can be cooked outdoor on a barbecue flat plate which will also require preheating.
- On a presentation platter, scatter spinach leaves and half the remaining dill leaves. If using cucumber, vermicelli, and/or mints, scatter them at this time too.
- Cook fish, in fry pan for up to 3minutes each side, longer if very thick portions – or until flesh has changed from translucent to opaque. The marinade may prevent easy visibility, so you need to carefully pry open flesh with a sharp knife and fork to inspect how cooked it is. Once all fish is cooked, place portions on top of greens, gently ease fish flesh apart in two to three pieces to expose the white flesh bordered with golden sear. Scatter any remaining herbs and garnish before serving immediately.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off noodles, increase greens)
- Sugar free/ fructose free
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Pescatarian friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...