Vietnamese Turmeric FishElena Duggan
- 1kg Firm white flesh fish, skinless fillets, cut into 4-8 pieces (all suitable: gurnard, morwong, ling, halibut, cod, monkfish, snapper)
- 100g Grapeseed or coconut oil, additional for cooking
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated (if unavailable, substitute for 50g honey)
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 100g Asian shallot, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh turmeric, roughly diced (if fresh unavailable, substitute for 2tbsp ground turmeric)
- 75g Fresh ginger, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh garlic (1head), roughly diced
- 2lge bunches Dill, one roughly chopped, one for presentation
- 1 bunch Coriander, stalks and roots for marinade, leaves or presentation
- 6med Spring/ green onions, 2cm angled slices
- 50-100g Baby spinach leaves
Optional to Serve:
- 50g Toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 250g Rice vermicelli, hydrated and well drained
- 250g Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- Lime quarters
Nuoc Cham Dressing:
- 2lge limes, juice and zest
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 1long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 1clove Garlic, finely diced or crushed
- Up to 50g water to loosen
- To prepare the marinade, in a large mortar and pestle pulverise, stevia, shallot, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chopped dill, and coriander stalks. Once paste is formed and no chunks remain, add fish sauce and oil to loosen. Completely cover the fish in marinade on both sides and place in an airtight container with a lid. Can marinate for up to 12hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat heavy based fry pan to a medium-high heat; alternatively this can be cooked outdoor on a barbecue flat plate which will also require preheating.
- On a presentation platter, scatter spinach leaves and half the remaining dill leaves. If using cucumber, vermicelli, and/or mints, scatter them at this time too.
- Cook fish, in fry pan for up to 3minutes each side, longer if very thick portions – or until flesh has changed from translucent to opaque. The marinade may prevent easy visibility, so you need to carefully pry open flesh with a sharp knife and fork to inspect how cooked it is. Once all fish is cooked, place portions on top of greens, gently ease fish flesh apart in two to three pieces to expose the white flesh bordered with golden sear. Scatter any remaining herbs and garnish before serving immediately.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off noodles, increase greens)
- Sugar free/ fructose free
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Pescatarian friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...