Vietnamese Turmeric FishElena Duggan
- 1kg Firm white flesh fish, skinless fillets, cut into 4-8 pieces (all suitable: gurnard, morwong, ling, halibut, cod, monkfish, snapper)
- 100g Grapeseed or coconut oil, additional for cooking
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated (if unavailable, substitute for 50g honey)
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 100g Asian shallot, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh turmeric, roughly diced (if fresh unavailable, substitute for 2tbsp ground turmeric)
- 75g Fresh ginger, roughly diced
- 50g Fresh garlic (1head), roughly diced
- 2lge bunches Dill, one roughly chopped, one for presentation
- 1 bunch Coriander, stalks and roots for marinade, leaves or presentation
- 6med Spring/ green onions, 2cm angled slices
- 50-100g Baby spinach leaves
Optional to Serve:
- 50g Toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 250g Rice vermicelli, hydrated and well drained
- 250g Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- Lime quarters
Nuoc Cham Dressing:
- 2lge limes, juice and zest
- 25g Stevia monkfruit combination, granulated
- 25g-50g Fish sauce
- 1long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 1clove Garlic, finely diced or crushed
- Up to 50g water to loosen
- To prepare the marinade, in a large mortar and pestle pulverise, stevia, shallot, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chopped dill, and coriander stalks. Once paste is formed and no chunks remain, add fish sauce and oil to loosen. Completely cover the fish in marinade on both sides and place in an airtight container with a lid. Can marinate for up to 12hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat heavy based fry pan to a medium-high heat; alternatively this can be cooked outdoor on a barbecue flat plate which will also require preheating.
- On a presentation platter, scatter spinach leaves and half the remaining dill leaves. If using cucumber, vermicelli, and/or mints, scatter them at this time too.
- Cook fish, in fry pan for up to 3minutes each side, longer if very thick portions – or until flesh has changed from translucent to opaque. The marinade may prevent easy visibility, so you need to carefully pry open flesh with a sharp knife and fork to inspect how cooked it is. Once all fish is cooked, place portions on top of greens, gently ease fish flesh apart in two to three pieces to expose the white flesh bordered with golden sear. Scatter any remaining herbs and garnish before serving immediately.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off noodles, increase greens)
- Sugar free/ fructose free
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Pescatarian friendly
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...