Whisky Fennel PorkKhanh Ong
- 2 pork chops skin on
- 2 baby fennel or 1 large fennel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 canned peaches halves
- 1⁄4 cup of whisky/scotch/bourbon
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- Fennel fronds
- remove the skin from pork chop but leave a large layer of fat.
- score the inside of the skin, sprinkle salt over the chops then place fat side down on a tray in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- score the fat on the pork chops then place on a large pan fat side down then turn on the heat so the fat renders slowly for 4-6 minutes until brown.
- halve the baby fennel and place cut side down in the the pan.
- flip the pork onto the side and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- hadd rosemary leaves and sliced garlic into the pan and flip the pork.
- add peaches in.
- add whisky and flambe for 2 minutes.
- set aside to serve.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...