Whisky Fennel PorkKhanh Ong
- 2 pork chops skin on
- 2 baby fennel or 1 large fennel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 canned peaches halves
- 1⁄4 cup of whisky/scotch/bourbon
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- Fennel fronds
- remove the skin from pork chop but leave a large layer of fat.
- score the inside of the skin, sprinkle salt over the chops then place fat side down on a tray in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- score the fat on the pork chops then place on a large pan fat side down then turn on the heat so the fat renders slowly for 4-6 minutes until brown.
- halve the baby fennel and place cut side down in the the pan.
- flip the pork onto the side and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- hadd rosemary leaves and sliced garlic into the pan and flip the pork.
- add peaches in.
- add whisky and flambe for 2 minutes.
- set aside to serve.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...