Whisky Fennel PorkKhanh Ong
- 2 pork chops skin on
- 2 baby fennel or 1 large fennel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 canned peaches halves
- 1⁄4 cup of whisky/scotch/bourbon
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- Fennel fronds
- remove the skin from pork chop but leave a large layer of fat.
- score the inside of the skin, sprinkle salt over the chops then place fat side down on a tray in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- score the fat on the pork chops then place on a large pan fat side down then turn on the heat so the fat renders slowly for 4-6 minutes until brown.
- halve the baby fennel and place cut side down in the the pan.
- flip the pork onto the side and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- hadd rosemary leaves and sliced garlic into the pan and flip the pork.
- add peaches in.
- add whisky and flambe for 2 minutes.
- set aside to serve.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...