Whisky Fennel PorkKhanh Ong
- 2 pork chops skin on
- 2 baby fennel or 1 large fennel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 canned peaches halves
- 1⁄4 cup of whisky/scotch/bourbon
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- Fennel fronds
- remove the skin from pork chop but leave a large layer of fat.
- score the inside of the skin, sprinkle salt over the chops then place fat side down on a tray in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- score the fat on the pork chops then place on a large pan fat side down then turn on the heat so the fat renders slowly for 4-6 minutes until brown.
- halve the baby fennel and place cut side down in the the pan.
- flip the pork onto the side and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- hadd rosemary leaves and sliced garlic into the pan and flip the pork.
- add peaches in.
- add whisky and flambe for 2 minutes.
- set aside to serve.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...