Whisky Fennel PorkKhanh Ong
- 2 pork chops skin on
- 2 baby fennel or 1 large fennel
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 canned peaches halves
- 1⁄4 cup of whisky/scotch/bourbon
- a pinch of salt
To Serve (Garnish):
- Fennel fronds
- remove the skin from pork chop but leave a large layer of fat.
- score the inside of the skin, sprinkle salt over the chops then place fat side down on a tray in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy.
- score the fat on the pork chops then place on a large pan fat side down then turn on the heat so the fat renders slowly for 4-6 minutes until brown.
- halve the baby fennel and place cut side down in the the pan.
- flip the pork onto the side and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- hadd rosemary leaves and sliced garlic into the pan and flip the pork.
- add peaches in.
- add whisky and flambe for 2 minutes.
- set aside to serve.
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...