Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Tahini DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 250g Long fresh red chillies
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground caraway seeds
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground cumin seeds
- 1 level tsp. ground black cumin seeds (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g piquillo peppers, or 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 level tbsp. sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 50gm peeled garlic
- 120ml lemon juice
- 100ml olive oil
- 120gm tahini
- 250ml water
- 5gm salt
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Whole cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons of Harissa
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- It is advisable to wear rubber gloves when preparing the chillies. Slice the chillies in half lengthways. Lay each chilli on a chopping board cut-side up, gently scrape away the seeds with a teaspoon and discard them. Roughly chop the chillies and transfer to a food processor with a sharp blade.
- Blend the chillies with a pinch of salt, half of each of the spices and the garlic cloves until smooth. Then add the peppers and blend. It is important that the paste is as smooth as possible. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Now add the remaining ingredients – the rest of the spices, the peppers, tomato purée, and vinegar, paprika and olive oil. Taste and season with more salt to balance out the vinegar. Harissa keeps well in the fridge, but be sure to cover it with a little olive oil to seal it from the air.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the tahini and blend
- Then blend in the water and olive oil
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Remove all the large leaves off the cauliflower and wash well with cold water
- Rub the cauliflower well with the harissa and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto a roasting tray and cover with foil and place into a preheated oven at 170 degrees and cook for 40 minutes
- After 45 minute remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes to color.
- To serve, dress with the tahini dressing, scatter with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...