Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Tahini DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 250g Long fresh red chillies
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground caraway seeds
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground cumin seeds
- 1 level tsp. ground black cumin seeds (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g piquillo peppers, or 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 level tbsp. sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 50gm peeled garlic
- 120ml lemon juice
- 100ml olive oil
- 120gm tahini
- 250ml water
- 5gm salt
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Whole cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons of Harissa
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- It is advisable to wear rubber gloves when preparing the chillies. Slice the chillies in half lengthways. Lay each chilli on a chopping board cut-side up, gently scrape away the seeds with a teaspoon and discard them. Roughly chop the chillies and transfer to a food processor with a sharp blade.
- Blend the chillies with a pinch of salt, half of each of the spices and the garlic cloves until smooth. Then add the peppers and blend. It is important that the paste is as smooth as possible. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Now add the remaining ingredients – the rest of the spices, the peppers, tomato purée, and vinegar, paprika and olive oil. Taste and season with more salt to balance out the vinegar. Harissa keeps well in the fridge, but be sure to cover it with a little olive oil to seal it from the air.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the tahini and blend
- Then blend in the water and olive oil
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Remove all the large leaves off the cauliflower and wash well with cold water
- Rub the cauliflower well with the harissa and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto a roasting tray and cover with foil and place into a preheated oven at 170 degrees and cook for 40 minutes
- After 45 minute remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes to color.
- To serve, dress with the tahini dressing, scatter with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...