Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Tahini DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 250g Long fresh red chillies
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground caraway seeds
- 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground cumin seeds
- 1 level tsp. ground black cumin seeds (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g piquillo peppers, or 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 level tbsp. sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 50gm peeled garlic
- 120ml lemon juice
- 100ml olive oil
- 120gm tahini
- 250ml water
- 5gm salt
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Whole cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons of Harissa
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- It is advisable to wear rubber gloves when preparing the chillies. Slice the chillies in half lengthways. Lay each chilli on a chopping board cut-side up, gently scrape away the seeds with a teaspoon and discard them. Roughly chop the chillies and transfer to a food processor with a sharp blade.
- Blend the chillies with a pinch of salt, half of each of the spices and the garlic cloves until smooth. Then add the peppers and blend. It is important that the paste is as smooth as possible. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Now add the remaining ingredients – the rest of the spices, the peppers, tomato purée, and vinegar, paprika and olive oil. Taste and season with more salt to balance out the vinegar. Harissa keeps well in the fridge, but be sure to cover it with a little olive oil to seal it from the air.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the tahini and blend
- Then blend in the water and olive oil
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Remove all the large leaves off the cauliflower and wash well with cold water
- Rub the cauliflower well with the harissa and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto a roasting tray and cover with foil and place into a preheated oven at 170 degrees and cook for 40 minutes
- After 45 minute remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes to color.
- To serve, dress with the tahini dressing, scatter with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...