Yuzu Mayo Chicken YakisobaLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba Noodles
- 150g chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 80g shimeji mushrooms (roughly cut)
- 8 asparagus (cut into shorter sticks)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 2g red chilli (cut into rings)
- Kewpie Yuzu Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tsp Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pinches cooking salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Mix all Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the noodles approximately 3⁄4 of the way and cool in ice bath to avoid further cooking. Drain and leave aside.
- In a pan, gently cook garlic and chilli in oil until fragrant and cooked through, then add chicken. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins. When it is almost cooked, add mushrooms, then asparagus.
- Add noodles with small amount of hot water (to loosen the noodles), followed by Sauce mixture.
- Once the mixture is all combined, serve with desired amount of yuzu mayonnaise over the top.
Note: Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba is available in leading Asian grocery stores. You may also use Hakubaku Organic Udon for the dish that can be found in major supermarkets.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...