Yuzu Mayo Chicken YakisobaLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba Noodles
- 150g chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 80g shimeji mushrooms (roughly cut)
- 8 asparagus (cut into shorter sticks)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 2g red chilli (cut into rings)
- Kewpie Yuzu Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tsp Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pinches cooking salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Mix all Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the noodles approximately 3⁄4 of the way and cool in ice bath to avoid further cooking. Drain and leave aside.
- In a pan, gently cook garlic and chilli in oil until fragrant and cooked through, then add chicken. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins. When it is almost cooked, add mushrooms, then asparagus.
- Add noodles with small amount of hot water (to loosen the noodles), followed by Sauce mixture.
- Once the mixture is all combined, serve with desired amount of yuzu mayonnaise over the top.
Note: Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba is available in leading Asian grocery stores. You may also use Hakubaku Organic Udon for the dish that can be found in major supermarkets.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...