Yuzu Mayo Chicken YakisobaLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba Noodles
- 150g chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 80g shimeji mushrooms (roughly cut)
- 8 asparagus (cut into shorter sticks)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 2g red chilli (cut into rings)
- Kewpie Yuzu Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tsp Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pinches cooking salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Mix all Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the noodles approximately 3⁄4 of the way and cool in ice bath to avoid further cooking. Drain and leave aside.
- In a pan, gently cook garlic and chilli in oil until fragrant and cooked through, then add chicken. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins. When it is almost cooked, add mushrooms, then asparagus.
- Add noodles with small amount of hot water (to loosen the noodles), followed by Sauce mixture.
- Once the mixture is all combined, serve with desired amount of yuzu mayonnaise over the top.
Note: Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba is available in leading Asian grocery stores. You may also use Hakubaku Organic Udon for the dish that can be found in major supermarkets.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...