Yuzu Mayo Chicken YakisobaLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba Noodles
- 150g chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 80g shimeji mushrooms (roughly cut)
- 8 asparagus (cut into shorter sticks)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 2g red chilli (cut into rings)
- Kewpie Yuzu Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tsp Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pinches cooking salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Mix all Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the noodles approximately 3⁄4 of the way and cool in ice bath to avoid further cooking. Drain and leave aside.
- In a pan, gently cook garlic and chilli in oil until fragrant and cooked through, then add chicken. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins. When it is almost cooked, add mushrooms, then asparagus.
- Add noodles with small amount of hot water (to loosen the noodles), followed by Sauce mixture.
- Once the mixture is all combined, serve with desired amount of yuzu mayonnaise over the top.
Note: Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba is available in leading Asian grocery stores. You may also use Hakubaku Organic Udon for the dish that can be found in major supermarkets.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...